Getting in Shape

C25K calories burned?

I just started the C25K program today and I am trying to input the exersize into myfitnesspal, but I don't know what I should categorize it under.  I don't have a heart rate monitor so I can't track it that way.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
image 148 Are ready to party!
image 77 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!

Re: C25K calories burned?

• I always thought the general rule was 100 calories for every mile. I recently read this article though, which seems to say you burn more running than walking even if you are going the same distance. So it probably depends on what week you are in and how much walking/running you are doing.

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-304-311-8402-0,00.html
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I would get a HR monitor - it's going to be your best bet at estimating calories burned. It's so different person to person, based on your weight, composition, and HR during activity. And get one that is a chest strap not a wrist HR monitor.. I bought a wrist one first and it was crap.

I do C25K and my HR is up at 180 while running and in the 135-145 zone while walking, I'm 5'2" and weigh 196 lbs. I burn (according to my HR monitor) between 296 and 340 calories per session.

Hope that was helpful for you! Good luck with C25K, it's awesome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you!  The first work out went well and I think it should be able to ease myself into learning to run.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards