Military Brides
Options

Can I just give up? (WR vent)

So, I am a month out and I feel like everything that CAN go wrong… Will go wrong. Married girls, is this normal?  I feel so guilty saying this, (please don’t judge me!) but I am upset with my parents for having my Dad’s surgery 5 weeks before my wedding. Ok. So they KNEW it needed to be done back in December. They were originally going to do it after the wedding, but I guess at the last minute decided to do it in March. I know it is best for my dad to do it now… My mom is  his primary caregiver and I just feel upset that my mom can’t be there for me for wedding related stuff (we have always been really close), she probably won’t come up for my Bridal shoot, my shower or anything besides the wedding.  My dad isn’t progressing like he should, my mom doesn’t communicate really, but last I heard they were having problems with blood chemistry and he was back in the hospital.

FMIL, has gone MIA. I hate bugging people when I send them an email and a text message and no reply.  But that is my FMIL right now, which is strange because she always responds back within a few minutes and then to not hear anything for a week is weird. FI tells me to just email and text her again… but I don’t want to be a nag. Because lets face it, the texts had to do with rando’s on FIs side inviting themselves. You are FFIL’s cousin that he has never seen..but you want to come because it would be a good time to meet? Um… WTF. How on God’s green earth did you hear about the wedding in the first place? I originally said yes because I thought it was just ONE person. I didn’t know they would bring their family!! Good God.

FI has been on the boat for a couple of weeks and has been no help at all. The communication issue is making me more stressed because normally when it comes to a task that I just don’t want to do I pass it on to him and tell him IDGAF just do it. He likes surprises, he likes to do surprises… I HATE surprises, I like to know everything that is going to happen. Normally it doesn’t bug me because I can figure it out quickly…but with the wedding I keep having to tell him that he has to communicate with me when he is working on something. Don’t just say “I have it handled” and expect me to believe you.  Last time I talked with him he thought he could just go to the liquor store and buy the alcohol the week of the wedding…AH! Have I mentioned that FI (H) is leaving the day after the wedding to be back at work on Monday? And when I say back at work… It isn’t FL and I can’t go with him.

I am really ready to just cancel the stupid wedding and go on a vacation by myself…
Sorry for the vent, I feel like I have to have this happy fake face all the time…but deep down, I am hating every minute of it. I have a really bad fault that I hate bugging people so I never ask for help when I need it.. Don’t quote me, I may DD later.

Photobucket

Re: Can I just give up? (WR vent)

• Options
    I reached the "eff it" part about a month out when we found that the bestman could not be there and some other things.  I just said "eff it" in the end all that mattered was I was marring H and that was the most important thing about that day.  Everything did work out in the end though but each one of my friends told me you will reach the "eff it" moment and I did and then I just didn't give a crap about some things.

Sorry you are going though it.  Sounds like you have reached the "eff it" moment.
  • Options
    Amanda- so sorry you're having a rough time. I get it. I hated the month/ two months before my wedding. I just wanted it to be over. BUT it was a fantastic and fun day and I promise yours will be too. Hang in there.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I get ya. I had a lot of issues a month out. (My mom went on vacay for about a month, came back DAYS before the wedding. Yeahhhh...) I think it's normal to have the eff it moment, but try not to let it ruin the wedding. Nothing will be perfect, but you're so close and almost done! It will be worth it no matter what.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_can-i-just-give-up-wr-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:30be8798-67d7-483c-b15d-103bb3c26bc5Post:e09ef4b5-f0b0-434e-99f0-65b48019eba0">Can I just give up? (WR vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, I am a month out and I feel like everything that CAN go wrong… Will go wrong. Married girls, is this normal?   I feel so guilty saying this, (please don’t judge me!) but I am upset with my parents for having my Dad’s surgery 5 weeks before my wedding. Ok. So they KNEW it needed to be done back in December. They were originally going to do it after the wedding, but I guess at the last minute decided to do it in March. I know it is best for my dad to do it now… My mom is   his primary caregiver and I just feel upset that my mom can’t be there for me for wedding related stuff (we have always been really close), she probably won’t come up for my Bridal shoot, my shower or anything besides the wedding.   My dad isn’t progressing like he should, my mom doesn’t communicate really, but last I heard they were having problems with blood chemistry and he was back in the hospital. FMIL, has gone MIA. I hate bugging people when I send them an email and a text message and no reply.   But that is my FMIL right now, which is strange because she always responds back within a few minutes and then to not hear anything for a week is weird. FI tells me to just email and text her again… but I don’t want to be a nag. Because lets face it, the texts had to do with rando’s on FIs side inviting themselves. You are FFIL’s cousin that he has never seen..but you want to come because it would be a good time to meet? Um… WTF. How on God’s green earth did you hear about the wedding in the first place? I originally said yes because I thought it was just ONE person. I didn’t know they would bring their family!! Good God. FI has been on the boat for a couple of weeks and has been no help at all. The communication issue is making me more stressed because normally when it comes to a task that I just don’t want to do I pass it on to him and tell him IDGAF just do it. He likes surprises, he likes to do surprises… I HATE surprises, I like to know everything that is going to happen. Normally it doesn’t bug me because I can figure it out quickly…but with the wedding I keep having to tell him that he has to communicate with me when he is working on something. Don’t just say “I have it handled” and expect me to believe you.   Last time I talked with him he thought he could just go to the liquor store and buy the alcohol the week of the wedding…AH! Have I mentioned that FI (H) is leaving the day after the wedding to be back at work on Monday? And when I say back at work… It isn’t FL and I can’t go with him.   I am really ready to just cancel the stupid wedding and go on a vacation by myself… Sorry for the vent, I feel like I have to have this happy fake face all the time…but deep down, I am hating every minute of it. I have a really bad fault that I hate bugging people so I never ask for help when I need it.. Don’t quote me, I may DD later.  
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

If your F can't call his mother, then I would go ahead and call her. Emails and Text Messages are easy to forget, loose/delete. Calling her about a wedding issue that is time senstive is not nagging. It's something that truly can't wait. Remind her that you have deadlines for headcounts etc.

I remember being overwhelmed around the month mark, but I didn't have any major events that triggered it. I had the luxury of time and if I didn't get around to it in the almost 2 years of planning than ya know what- it probably wasn't that important. :)
    Wedding planning is a whirlwind, it's years/months of work for the day to will go by in the blink of an eye. But for me it was truely the happiest/best day of my life. I would do it over in a heartbeat. Just remember to focus on things that you can control. Don't waste time on things that are already done (ie Dad's surgery) that you can't take back. I made sure to remind myself the morning of our wedding that as long as Father was there, H was there and our witnesses- nothing else mattered. I was calm and my positive attitude made sure I had the time of my life!  

FTR Having your Mom and Dad healthy, and at the wedding should be enough. It's more than some of us.
  • Options
    I appreciate it ladies! I thought i hit the "eff it"wall a couple months ago when FI bought a plane ticket for the day after. I guess I hit it now...

Apparently my novel i wrote to FI last night made him email his mom telling her everything. (he is a mama's boy)...she texted me.. but I feel totally awful now because her step mother (The only grandmother FI knew) is pretty close to dying and that is where she has been all week, setting up hospice.

UHHH Now I feel  like an assss.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_can-i-just-give-up-wr-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:30be8798-67d7-483c-b15d-103bb3c26bc5Post:a16e9988-e884-4ce4-91dc-5eefbdc8250c">Re: Can I just give up? (WR vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I appreciate it ladies! I thought i hit the "eff it"wall a couple months ago when FI bought a plane ticket for the day after. I guess I hit it now... Apparently my novel i wrote to FI last night made him email his mom telling her everything. (he is a mama's boy)...she texted me.. but I feel totally awful now because her step mother (The only grandmother FI knew) is pretty close to dying and that is where she has been all week, setting up hospice.   UHHH Now I feel  like an assss.
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

You are not a mind reader. Don't beat yourself up.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Ahhhh the few weeks before the wedding were the WORST as far as stress goes!  I totally did not think I was going to get everything done since my finals were like two weeks before we got married.  DH would often give me the 'Don't worry about it, I'll take care of it' when I asked him to help with something, and that annoyed the crap out of me b/c I'm also the type of person who needs to know that things are in order!  Did things go wrong on the wedding day?  Yup, but it was nothing major and honestly I was so happy that none of it mattered.  Keep your eye on the prize, girl and it will all be over soon! 
  • Options
    Ugh Amanda I am in the same boat as you (oh yes, pun totally intended)!! My FI is on his ship right now for a few weeks as well, so I am the one picking up all the pieces when sh*t falls apart, and dealing with all the RSVPs by myself. I can't exactly count on him to take care of ANYTHING. Communication with us is limited too. We got into a huge fight via e-mail over his huge douchebag of a GM who has been a PITA since the very start when he reacted extremely poorly to our engagement. And only gotten worse from there....don't know why he is still in the WP...

Sorry things are going shitty. Feel free to PM me to vent since we are both right around the same timing with our weddings only being one week apart!
  • Options
    Thank you ladies again.

I talked to my mom about it, and how I was just not feeling like I wanted to continue given everything that is happening, suggested postponing the wedding for now. She of course would not let that happen, and told EVERYONE I needed help. Now I have a million people asking if they can help, which is nice.... but I don't really have jobs for them. 

Can I delegate someone to be the bitch that calls the people and tells them they can't bring their friends to the wedding. No? That is my job? .....ahh crap....

Binx - I would laugh soooo hard if they were on the same boat...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I say ... don't give up!  Just re align your priorities.  You chose your groom, and at the end of the day, you and he will be married and that will be all tha matters!  Everything else is just a bonus!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards