Outdoor Weddings

heating lamps

Can anyone tell me how efficient those outdoor heating lamps are? We're having our wedding next September on the coast in Oregon. It's going to be outside and we're renting an event tent along with those heating lamps. We don't want our guests to be cold. Are those heating lamps efficient enough to keep the inside of an event tent that would hold 80 people in it warm? Thanks in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: heating lamps

• I havev't used/rented them personally, but I have been in tents and outdoor areas with them. I would say inside the tent would be best because it holds in the heat that the lamps give off. Outdoors you might have to stand pretty close to actually feel the warmth coming off of the lamp. I would talk to the people who rent them out, they would definitely have a better idea of how many for the size of space you have. :)
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The umbrella heaters should be placed near the center of the tent otherwise the vinyl could start to melt. Honestly the best option is to have 1 or 2 150,000-200,000 BTU box heaters with diffusers. They run off propane and sit outside of the tent. You really don't want a heater blocking the view of the head table. If your local tent company does not carry the box heaters, try a heavy equipment supply company.
  • i was in Vail last November during a storm storm. We went to an outdoor concert and they had set up outdoor heaters, let me tell you they worked great!!  We were standing at cocktail tables placed round the heating lamps, in a non tented area. if you have sides on your tent and a few heaters placed through out the tent you should be fine. i'll assume you you will also have chafer giving off their own steam heat and all those bodies. i'm sure it will be warm enough!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Chickpea
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards