Ohio-Cincinnati

Problems with Marxey Makeup?

I booked Marxey make-up after reading a few good reviews on here, but I'm getting worried about it. I asked her about scheduling a trial weeks ago and she promised to get back to me with days and times she was available but never did. I tried following up by email and received no response. 

I also booked during a sale, but the discount was not applied when I checked out on Paypal. She promised to refund the difference (about $50) and I have asked for it several times, but it's been about two months and she has yet to refund it. 

I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing, because she asked me to pay the full balance up front for myself and my bridal party, which I did, and there is no phone number listed on the website (although she did provide a phone number when I asked for it). I know those are huge red flags, but I had trouble finding someone who wasn't booked and she had several good reviews.  

Has anyone else had good or bad experiences with her?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Problems with Marxey Makeup?

• I used her for my wedding last year and didnt have any issues. Have you tried calling the phone # you have for her?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Give her a call and let her have a chance to work it out with you. I just had my trial with her on Sunday, which was actually rescheduled from an eariler date. The trial went well and Michelle was awesome. I was also a little nervous because of the difficulty in getting a trial, but she came through, and I have no doubt she'll also come through on the wedding day.
  • I'm so glad you put this because I booked her also after so many good reviews, but I am having the exact same problems! She never responds, won't schedule a trial run, and won't respond to my emails but keeps sending me "invoice deals" but disregards my other emails. I heard from another vendor to stay away from her for this reason, but my wedding is so close and I am incredibly worried now.
    That is the true season of love when we believe that we alone can love, that no one could have ever loved as much before, and that no one will ever love in the same way again
  • Sorry to hear you are having this to stress you out! She has been easy for me to get ahold of so far (booked her for hair), but I have not had my trial yet. She said she will contact me in a few months about the trial. She is probably extremely busy as this is peak wedding season, so I would leave a voicemail expressing your concern. Good luck getting it straightened out, and let us know if it resolves!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Update: I called Michelle and left her a message asked her again about scheduling a trial and refunding the $50. She responded with a one line email promising to call today, but she hasn't called yet.

At this point she's been promising to refund the $50 since June and I've spoken to her about it by phone and email, and I've been trying to schedule a trial with her for almost a month, also by phone and email. She keeps promising to email me times when she's available but never does.

I also find it strange that she requested a full payment for myself and the bridal party over three months before the wedding, none of my other vendors have requested anything like that. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ive used michelle several times, I never have a problem getting ahold of her or scheduling.
  • Ive used marxeymakeup for several occasions I have never not been able to get ahold of Michelle. I'd give her one more call to clear it up. Hope it all works out!
  • OP- I sent you a PM
  • edited September 2012
    A friend of mine was looking for someone to do her make up and hair and was asking for suggestions. Just went to the site that shows up on google and it's saying it's suspended. Anybody know what this is about? Especially considering she's pretty popular with local brides.

*Update: Just checked this morning (9/20) and the site is back up and running.
  • I used Michelle for my July 14th wedding. She was phenomenal - easy to get ahold of by email, text or phone.

BUT scheduling the trial was a bit of a pain in the butt -  because all the times that worked for me were obviously times that worked for other brides as well. We had a scheduled time once - she ended up canceling due to an emergency but promptly rescheduled. Was very satisfied with the trial.

On the day of my wedding, she was great - punctual, friendly, and ready to make me look beautiful.

I say give her a little more time..she won't fall through on you...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Update - Michelle let me know she's been sick and will not be able to do my wedding, but she found a friend to fill in. I'm working on scheduling a trial with her friend. Hopefully it works out. The wedding is in 2 weeks!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards