Florida-South Florida
Options

a must read for all knotties!

So...my wedding planner asked me last week if I would help her work a wedding at the Miami Beach Botantical Gardens with her today.  I of course said yes....anything to help my planner out (and get paid too!)

I was nervous...never worked a wedding before...and never really worked alongside a wedding planner...but Lauren gave me a printed out sheet from the bride of our duties and I studied it!!  The last thing I want to do is mess up another bride's day!!!

While Lauren was at the hotel getting the wedding party prepped, I was at the venue decorating the tables, getting table numbers, placecards, vendors set up and doing everything!!!  it was crazy!  but you know what....I LOVED IT!! 

It was A LOT of work, and I never really saw the 'behind the scenes' of a wedding before...and it was an amazing process.

Knowing what I was doing and what Lauren was doing...makes me have a new found understanding for all the work of a wedding planner.  Now I know why she needed an assistant (her sister was the DOC for a wedding at The Breakers, that's why I was asked to step in)

I met the bride and the MOB...and the bride hugged me after seeing the decorated room.  It was an amazing feeling. 

So...the point....just to have a true understanding of ALL the things  your DOC will be doing for you the day of your wedding...and make sure to hug and thank them!

I wore flats....and my feet hurt so badly!! 

Re: a must read for all knotties!

• Options
    djoann958djoann958 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you had a great time!  My daughter's reception is at the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens. Do you have any decorating suggestions? Was there anything today that you saw that you really liked? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY! I can't even imagine how much work goes into it but it's sooo wonderful that you have that experience now!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm glad you had such a great experience doll! and it's nice to get the behind the scenes perspective, it's definately more work than anyone can imagine!

• Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thats great! Thanks for sharing! =)
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Djoann...I loved the fact the reception area was both inside and outside. 

They used APRI productions and they did an amazing job....Rosie Levy was the contact...she was AWESOME.  they did it all....Catering by Alyse was great! 

loved the outdoor ceremony..it was a BEAUTIFUL day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

wow...what a cool experience. 

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very Cool. Makes me feel even better about my choice to hire a DOC.
    Number Atttending 10 image Number Declined 37 image Number Not Replied 240 image
    RSVP Date: September 1
    /image>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Danielle that sounds like it was a lot of fun..youre so lucky to see the "other side" of things ...does this mean you'll be working at ALL OF OUR WEDDINGS TOOO?? :O)

Daisypath Wedding tickers Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    yes it does!  I'm there! let me know!  :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards