New York-Hudson Valley

Church Fees - Catholic and Episcopalian - Westchester/Putnam

Hello!  I have been having trouble finding a church with reasonable church fees in the area - even the church of which I am a member is outrageous!  So far I have only looked into the Catholic churches, does anyone have any advice or suggestions?  Thanks so much!

Re: Church Fees - Catholic and Episcopalian - Westchester/Putnam

• jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My church (with organist and singer's fees) came out to be close to $1000 which was reasonable for me, but because it is a church, they have sliding scales for fees if it's too much for you. If you can't afford the fee speak with your priest and I can't imagine them not being able to work it out somehow. Of course if you work something out then have a designer wedding gown and a venue on the strip in New Rochelle, it probably won't look too good.
    Photobucket
  • riab85riab85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    St Pats in Yorktown is $800 (so far lol), but they have really strict rules and have been putting my fiance and I through the ringer with rules and this and that. Hope this helps :)
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What's reasonable to you? Our church (St Augustine in Ossining) was $450, plus another 200 or 250 for the organist.
    imageimageimage
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We paid well over $1,000, not including musicians. We felt this was reasonable in comparison to what it would cost to be married at our reception hall and hire an officiant. I would speak to the church you are a member of and try to see if they can work with you. Otherwise, you'll have to keep calling around, but most churches require a higher amount for non-members.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards