Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Wedding necklace?

Hey ladies, i'm having a hard time deciding which necklace to get. I really only want to buy one but I really really like both of these necklaces. Help?

This is number 1

This is number 2

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to put these on a poll, i'm computer illiterate at times.
Anniversary

Re: Wedding necklace?

• Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any pics of your dress? That will help with the decision.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are these for your wedding day? If so, what does the neckline of your dress look like? I guess I'm thinking if it is a v-neck or sweetheart maybe the longer drop one, if it is a scoop neck or regular strapless the horizontal flowers. Both are very pretty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bimbi-this is the dress
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
    In that case, I'm a fan of #2!
  • Options
    hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the first necklace would look good with the dress.  Especially since it has more of a drop down effect and you have a sweetheart neckline.
    They are both beautiful.
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
    See, the drop down effect is exactly why I DON'T like it with the sweetheart cut. To me, its just kind of another "my cleavage is here" sort of thing...like pointing it out too much on top of the already defined sweatheart neckline. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_wedding-necklace?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:0e49992a-d391-49ed-8bea-6252a9195aa5Post:448f6465-c144-49df-a069-617bab3475cf">Re: Wedding necklace?</a>:
    [QUOTE]See, the drop down effect is exactly why I DON'T like it with the sweetheart cut. To me, its just kind of another "my cleavage is here" sort of thing...like pointing it out too much on top of the already defined sweatheart neckline. 
    Posted by Bimbi284[/QUOTE]

<div>Bimbi I think you have a good point here now that I think more about it.  My vote is the 2nd one.</div>
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote for number 2 for the same reason as bimbi.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto with a vote for number 2. Not only do I think it's a beautiful necklace, but I think it will go really well with the neckline of your dress.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I'm just jealous of people that have cleavage to show (I don't) but I still like #1. They're both really pretty, so I don't think you can go wrong either way.
  • Options
    MrsBassPlayaMrsBassPlaya member
    edited December 2011
    I vote #2 as well.  I think it compliments the neckline best.  It's very pretty, too.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like #1 better, but it also depends on exactly where the bustline hits on you.  I like how it looks like it has movement.  I had a necklace with a drop on it with a sweetheart neckline and it looked great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like number one the best.. but like I Want Cake said, it depends where the bustline hits.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Those are both really pretty!

Number 2 for neckline reasons.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards