Massachusetts-Boston

Invite wording

Hi everyone,

I asked this question on the Invite board a couple weeks ago but I only got 2 replies.  Hopefully I'll get more help here!

I'm trying to figure out how to word the invitation.  My fiance and I paying for everything except the catering.  My parents and my fiance's mother are splitting that.  I know the invitation should include them since they're helping us host, and I definitely want to recognize that.  The family situation is complicated, with divorces on both sides, remarriages, and estranged father on my fiance's side, etc.  You get the idea.  My fiance and I are 31 and 30 with a 2 year old son.  I just think it would be weird to say "together with their parents" since we're a little older and parents ourselves.  Is "together with their families" ok?

Any and all advice is appreciated!

Re: Invite wording

• edited December 2011
    In my opinion I think it would be okay to use "Together with our families"
    You could try and Google Invitation wording and see if any websites have
    other recommendations for your situation as well.

Good Luck
    Married September 25,2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Vendor Reviews
  • edited December 2011
    We wrote "Together with their families" on our invites.  We really paid for the wedding ourselves, but DH felt awkward not mentioning them.  No one raised a stink about it and I thought it sounded nice.  GL!
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    I  agree-together with our families sounds great.  We said together with our parents even though my parents are paying for 90%, even though everyone didn't contribute equally in the financial sense, everyone did a lot of work to make the wedding happen.
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, "together with their families" is nice because it includes everyone!
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, "Together with their families" is perfectly OK, especially since it includes your son.  We were going to use that term but we ended up using "Together with their parents"
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • edited December 2011
    We are in a similar situation- although my dad gave us a gift that was actually half the cost of the wedding. FI's mom gave us a few hundred dollars.. so while I wanted to have it say that my dad was helping us host, I didn't want to leave out FI's mom, so we used "Together with their parents"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards