Utah

Alcohol at the reception

Hey all!
I am getting married next year and trying to get a budget together so do any of you know about how much an open bar costs? Ive looked on sites and most of them say email for a quote but I just want a ball park figure

Re: Alcohol at the reception

• edited December 2011
    Depends on what you want in your bar. if you just do beer and wine...much cheaper. if you are doing cocktails, prices go way up depending on what you want. we are using bacchus for our bartending and its like 175 for 2 hrs, 30 for each additional hour.im pretty sure that includes setup and total cleanup in the cost as well. then depending on whether we bring our own alcohol or not the price will be adjusted from there. heres their website 

they are really great people, very proffesional, and they do a wonderful job
  • edited December 2011
    My reception center  (Heritage Gardens) charges $600 for beer and wine service for 3 hours.  All glassware, chilling, corkage, etc. included.  Then we paid about $1000 for beer/wine for 180 people.  I bought pretty cheap wine too, less than $10 a bottle. Wedding is on May 23, so not sure how our quantities will turn out.  Hopefully we have extra and instead of not enough. It was $400.00 for wine alone with no beer.

For open bar, they charge $6 per person and include all mixers. Not sure how much it would cost to buy the liquer.

I know this is very specific for one reception center, but just to give you an example.   Smile
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, that was really what I was looking for and we are over budgeting in this area because we are not sure how many out of towners will show up! Always better to be safe than sorry!

we just booked Noahs for next year (Fiance is in the military and deploying soon so we are planning now so the wedding can be shortly after he gets back) I think they have a list of bartenders and I will keep an eye out for Bacchus
  • edited December 2011
    if you booked Noahs they will let you bring in your own alchohol and caterer so that will save you a ton of money!! i started watching for sales and i have been going to the liquor store near the end of each month, if something is on good enough sale (like $14 a bottle instead of $20) then i have been buying it as i go and storing it in my parents basement. spreads out the cost and well it is already liquor so a little time won't hurt it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards