Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Thank you gifts.

So my FMIL and FSIL have graciously decided to throw a bridal shower, i'd like to get them a gift as a thank you for hosting. but i dont know what to get them. are you supposed to give a gift? i would think you should. if you are what are you supposed to get them exactly?

another question, FI and I will be buying my mother a set of silver hoop earrings for her wedding gift. she's done SO much as far as planning goes and this is the one thing my father said she'd REALLY like to have. so i want to find a nice pair but that i can actually afford. one problem....i have NO idea where to even look for earrings...as i dont wear them. and i dont know how to tell which ones are good? any ideas?

Thanks girls!

Re: Thank you gifts.

• MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gave the girl who co-hosted my shower a gift basket from Bath & Body.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmmm...that's a cute idea :) i like that!
  • winechic25winechic25 member
    edited December 2011
    Nordstrom is having a pretty big sale right now, and they have some very nice jewelry for some good prices. That said, the sale ends July 31...
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alot of girls do the bath and body baskets with a little card that says "I hope your shower is as nice as mine."  Heh.

I gave my hostesses a box of Godiva chocolates, a candle, and a mini-bottle of champagne.

Some girls will also have the groom come at the end of the shower and deliver flowers to the hostesses.  Since it's your FMIL, that might be nice.
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_thank-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6743fbe1-268b-4a75-bbdc-75f6b0283e56Post:32bbcaee-1acb-4bd8-ae45-dfd0d07f344d">Re: Thank you gifts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alot of girls do the bath and body baskets with a little card that says "I hope your shower is as nice as mine."  Heh. I gave my hostesses a box of Godiva chocolates, a candle, and a mini-bottle of champagne.<strong> Some girls will also have the groom come at the end of the shower and deliver flowers to the hostesses.  Since it's your FMIL, that might be nice.</strong>
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

I should've done that :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_thank-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6743fbe1-268b-4a75-bbdc-75f6b0283e56Post:32bbcaee-1acb-4bd8-ae45-dfd0d07f344d">Re: Thank you gifts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alot of girls do the bath and body baskets with a little card that says "I hope your shower is as nice as mine."  Heh. I gave my hostesses a box of Godiva chocolates, a candle, and a mini-bottle of champagne. <strong>Some girls will also have the groom come at the end of the shower and deliver flowers to the hostesses.  Since it's your FMIL, that might be nice.
    </strong>Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

this is a cute idea. i might steal it. if it works out that way. i think FMIL and FSIL are planning to do a non-traditional bridal shower that is not the typical "women" only. i think they are inviting husbands and things of that nature. but if they do the traditional route i think i'll have FI bring in flowers :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_thank-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6743fbe1-268b-4a75-bbdc-75f6b0283e56Post:32bbcaee-1acb-4bd8-ae45-dfd0d07f344d">Re: Thank you gifts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Alot of girls do the bath and body baskets with a little card that says "I hope your shower is as nice as mine." </strong> Heh. I gave my hostesses a box of Godiva chocolates, a candle, and a mini-bottle of champagne. Some girls will also have the groom come at the end of the shower and deliver flowers to the hostesses.  Since it's your FMIL, that might be nice.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

I love the quote!
  • edited December 2011
    I love earrings but can't wear silver but I do have some suggestions. If I knew your price range that might help a bit more. My idea of a nice pair and affordable may be different than yours.

Zales- They have awesome clearance online and I have printed the online price with my coupon codes and had them match it in store so I didn't pay shipping. I found this pair for about $40 http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2924833

Macys- They have decent jewelery and are always having a sale plus they have coupons all the time.

HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_thank-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6743fbe1-268b-4a75-bbdc-75f6b0283e56Post:5e00b035-edd8-40ac-9acf-3c841e835ab6">Re: Thank you gifts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love earrings but can't wear silver but I do have some suggestions. <strong>If I knew your price range that might help a bit more.</strong> My idea of a nice pair and affordable may be different than yours. Zales- They have awesome clearance online and I have printed the online price with my coupon codes and had them match it in store so I didn't pay shipping. I found this pair for about $40 <a href="http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2924833" rel='nofollow'>http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2924833</a> Macys- They have decent jewelery and are always having a sale plus they have coupons all the time. HTH!
    Posted by nancylusk[/QUOTE]

that's the thing, i dont know what an "average" price is. i'd like to stay in and around $50? preferrably less. but i dont want to get something chensy....i mean, my mother has been wearing the same pair for 18 years. and they are just falling apart. i want a <u>good</u> pair to replace them. so if that means going over a little over $50 then i'll do that. it's all new to me, $20 seems expensive to me for earrings...but i dont wear them! lol i will for sure check out zales and macys though :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_thank-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6743fbe1-268b-4a75-bbdc-75f6b0283e56Post:3f76d3bd-1022-4de9-8843-27c129abfb3a">Re: Thank you gifts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank you gifts. : that's the thing, i dont know what an "average" price is. i'd like to stay in and around $50? preferrably less. but i dont want to get something chensy....i mean, my mother has been wearing the same pair for 18 years. and they are just falling apart. i want a good pair to replace them. so if that means going over a little over $50 then i'll do that. it's all new to me, $20 seems expensive to me for earrings...but i dont wear them! lol i will for sure check out zales and macys though :)
    Posted by bigbabyface[/QUOTE]

Ok got ya. Yea definitely check out Zales, I know in store they are doing a clearance special with an extra 10% off. As far as quality goes, I have never had issues with anything I have gotten at Zales. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gave my hostess a large candle from Bath & Body Works in this pretty candle holder. I then wrapped them in bright colored tissue paper and put garden stickers all over it. Luved it.

They have lots of candle holders to choose from. Here is an example:
    http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11259004&cp=2484529.11573618.10928845

The holders are $5 and the candles can run up to $20 unless they have a special.

For my next shower I'm just getting bottles of wine!
  • lauram3177lauram3177 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know this was last week and you probably wont see it, but I was sick and at home.. For my shower (baby shower last year, havent had bridal shower yet) I gave cupcakes to the hosts. I ordered them from Sprinkles, and they came in a cute box with 2 cupcakes. I got assorted flavors and everyone loved them. I know some people dont care for Sprinkles, but there are other cupcake places. And they have little toppers that match the occasion.. Like a ring for a bridal shower.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_thank-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6743fbe1-268b-4a75-bbdc-75f6b0283e56Post:9b8fdb20-f1f7-4d27-9667-89081576e566">Re: Thank you gifts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know this was last week and you probably wont see it, but I was sick and at home.. For my shower (baby shower last year, havent had bridal shower yet) I gave cupcakes to the hosts. I ordered them from Sprinkles, and they came in a cute box with 2 cupcakes. I got assorted flavors and everyone loved them. I know some people dont care for Sprinkles, but there are other cupcake places. And they have little toppers that match the occasion.. Like a ring for a bridal shower.
    Posted by lauram3177[/QUOTE]

that's really cute! sadly, they aren't doing a cake, and bringing cupcakes....be a little odd if i brought that as a gift. (or would it?)

another thing i'm having trouble with is FMIL works for Lady Primerose AKA, soap, lotion and candles.

I went to bed bath and beyond yesterday and i think i found a gift basket for FSIL, but i'm still stumped on FMIL. i might just get her flowers or something
  • sarathirzasarathirza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gave cakes from 'Nothing Bundt Cakes' and they were a huge hit - and way budget friendly.  I gave SIL a box of bundtini's (a box of 12 bite size bundt cakes) and his aunt 2 of the smaller cakes - I think both were under $15. They'll package them up for you as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards