Minnesota

Wedding date!

We have been talking about our wedding date since we got engaged a month ago. We are paying for everything on our own and on a strict budget. If we decide to get married on a Friday or Sunday would people actually come? I just don't people not to come because then they would have to take Friday off or Monday off if we do it on Sunday.

Thoughts??

Re: Wedding date!

• I think that the most important people will be there no matter what.  I have never been to a wedding on a different day of Sat.  Have you considered having it during the off season?  I got married in Jan for cheaper then what a Fri/Sun wedding would of costs during peak season.
    Congrats!
  • Friday weddings are becoming quite popular.  i've been to 2 in the last 2 years.  I think if you have it late enough in the afternoon, you should be fine.

We are having ours on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend.  Our venue is giving us a discount because of that.  But, we looked at a few others who still charged the same because it was a holiday weekend.  So far, most of our guests are just excited to come, they don't really care when it is.  But, they do appreciate having Monday to recover.
  • jennipea382jennipea382 member
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    You will probably get less OOT guests on a Fri or Sun. For Fridays, the later the better so people can get home from work, change, grab a snack (or dinner if you end up doing a late appetizer or cake/punch type reception) and deal with traffic. Sundays you might want to make it earlier so people aren't leaving early so they can make it to work in the morning. I do think your close friends and family will try to get off work either way though!

We thought about a Friday wedding but ultimately decided Saturday worked best for what we wanted. However, we are doing it in the off season (March), so it is significantly cheaper.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards