Michigan-Detroit

Red shoes

My colors for my wedding are pewter and red, and I was hoping to wear red shoes.  The girls will be wearing short pewter dresses (once I find some) with red shoes.  I've always loved The Wizard of Oz, and I think it would be neat to wear "ruby slippers".  Anyway, while I was trying on dresses today, my sisters and mom mentioned that the red shoes might not work as well with a vintage lace type dress as well as a more glamorous dress.  Have any of you worn colored shoes with a vintage-type dress?  

Here are the shoes I want to order for me and the girls.  I would maybe put a little brooch or something on mine:
Product Image Women's Mossimo® Isabella Peep-Toe Pumps - Red
Here is an example of a vintage lace dress I like:
Here is an example of a satin one I like:
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Red shoes

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think those are really cute!  And personally I think shoes are shoes.  No one really is going to notice your shoes very much so if you like them, get them!  Although I would personally wait until you've found your dress to order shoes.  You never know what you'll end up with (although those shoes would work well with most dresses)

But as a bridesmaid, I would appreciate picking my own shoes.  I have issues wearing heals so I would most likely have issues with those.  Could you buy them for yourself and then let them pick their own just in a certain color?
  • edited December 2011
    I think those will look fine especially with a brooch. I got red shoes too and love them!
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are really cute!  With the dresses you have pictured they could work, it all depends on what accessories you have.
  • edited December 2011
    I think the red heels are cute and would look good with either of those dresses. I like the first one the best.
    As far as red shoes for the Bridesmaid's, I can't really picture them going with pewter colored dresses as well.
    The below picture is my idea of pewter, am I wrong?

• edited December 2011
    My mom said the same about blue shoes for my dress but I don't care.  For the most part they are covered anyways.

Pewter I think of as a dark gray, charcoal color
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, pewter is a dark gray charcoal color and kind of metallic.  I saw this pic and loved the idea of the girls in red shoes.
    Wedding, Red, Bridesmaids, Black, Shoes
    They're wearing black, but I can picture it in a dark gray.  
    My bridesmaids are my two sisters who weren't sure where to look for red shoes anyway so I was looking for some online.  They like the look of these shoes and we can return them if they don't fit correctly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    sooooooooooo cute! DO IT. with whichever dress. it's YOUR wedding. : ) 
  • bee&beebee&bee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very cute, I love Red High Heels!! so sassy! :o)

I say jazz yours up or even get red metallic or sparkled shoes if you love the Wizard of Oz, let that be your little fun thing. Just an idea. 

I want to wear either purple or blue shoes since my colors are dark purple and the bright turqoise blue.

~B
  • edited December 2011
    Really? Vintage screams RED to me. You need a POP of color and since im a HUGE red fan (my wedding color) I absolutly think that those shoes are A-Cute as Heck and B-the perfect fit with that lacey vintage dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards