Favors

candy buffet

I am thinking of having a candy buffet with black white and purple candy. How much candy do I buy?? And any ideas on kinds of candy?
Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar image

Re: candy buffet

• Depends on how many people.. The good thing about candy is if not everyone takes it you can eat it later. Usually those jordache almonds or whatever are good because they come in every color.. Maybe some rock candy? 
  • I'm also doing a candy bar as my favors (but I'm too lazy to limit to certain colors!). Purple... the one thing i can think off off the top of my head is one of the flavors of Hersheys Kisses come in a purple wrapper. Dark chocolate I think? I got some black and white candy sticks at Michaels in their wedding department. 
    Also I've been googling bulk candy stores and found a couple places that sell specific flavors/colors of salt water taffy!
    good luck!
  • candywarehouse.com is good, but it's cheaper if you can get it on sale at regular stores like walmart or grocery store.

The amount you need per person depends on how large the bags/containers provided for take-home are.  Assume everyone fills the bags, plus some nibbl;ing during the reception.  (For example, if you give 3oz jars to each guest to fill, you will need about half as much candy as if you give 6oz jars.)

Most people say 1/4 to 1/3 pound per person if you're just looking for a flat amount guideline.

Also keep in mind that having a large amount of each kind of candy is one of the keys to making the table look lush and fabulous, so don't get too many different kinds if you don't have many guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards