Florida-North Florida
Options

Wanting dream wedding on a budget in St. Augustine FL June 2013!

Hi there,
I'm trying to have my dream wedding on a budget next late June. I've looked at a few venue's and fell in love with the White Room currently. I would love to have my reception there which could work within our budget if we do it on a Thursday evening next year. But I wanted to ask those planning or those who recently got married what ideas you've had in that area? I'm open to an outdoor ceremony on the beach just don't know cost nor where we would get chairs etc. I think it's a little ridiculously priced to have our ceremony there for $1500 when all it feels like they'll be doing is moving chairs.

Any help much appreciated! I know I can't afford a wedding planner so this Bride is a DIY Bride!

Future Mrs. Holland

Re: Wanting dream wedding on a budget in St. Augustine FL June 2013!

• Options
    I'm also getting married in St. Augustine in May 2013 at St. Johns Golf & CC. I'm also on a budget so this venue worked out well for me...I'll have the ceremony and reception there, the coordinator is wonderful and has been a huge help with everything so far, and it's the cheapest place I found to have eveything. They only charge for food and alcohol and it averages about $27-35 PP (depepnding on what you get). There's a very small rental fee (I think it's $495) but I get the venue until 11:30, I can be there as early as I want, and they don;t charge if the reception runs over! I've had a great experience with them!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    If you want to DIY on the beach the cost for a permit is only $200 I think and then renting all the equipment (Taylors Rental) would be the only other cost. The $1500 would be if you got a coordinator to set up and break down chairs for you so that you dont have to have your guests do it before and after the wedding (they probably want to high tail it to the cocktail hour lol). A coordinator would also run you and the party through rehersal the day before and create a timeline for the day of. And of course the price also depends on the number of guests you have. I imagine you will have less than 100 if you are going for budget wedding at The White Room so that might cut costs with the beach ceremony as well. Call the rental place and see how much chairs are, it's worth it to do the work yourself if you want to keep a low budget! Good luck!!
  • Options
    Hello The Furute Mrs. Holland! Congratulations on your engagement! If your still looking for a photographer we're up and coming in the St. Augustnie area and are willing to work with you on price. 

Check out our website http://www.still55weddings.com

Happy Wedding Planning!
    ♥Christina & Jospeh Mills
  • Options
    You may want to try the wedding authority. You can have your wedding ceremony in the courtyard of the Lightner Museum which is beautiful or in their chapel. They also have a nice reception room there as well and they are reasonably priced. If you are set on the white room but still want to have the ceremony in the courtyard there you can either hire the wedding authority and they will take care of everything for you their package even includes an officiant or you can do the permit and insurance yourself and then rent the chairs from them. They are really nice people to work with thus far. It rally is a gorgeous location and so you definitely save money because you really don't need addtionaI decorations. Some other locations but I am unsure about price are the beach, saint augustine park, gazebo in the town square, the schooner freedom does private sailing charters for weddings. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    If you are interested in the beach wedding, I can help you out with the chairs, setup, and breakdown!! Feel free to contact me. I also have an ad on the site with reviews you can check out as well. Philip Schnorr - Luxe Party Rentals - 904-576-4098 - www.luxepartyrentals.com - info@luxepartyrentals.com - Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards