August 2013 Weddings

Save The Dates

Hey everyone I have a quick question. I will be getting married August 3rd 2013. How early is to early to purchase and send out my save the dates. We both have family out of state that we want to make sure know the date early enough to book what they need. So when shall I start looking to purchase and once purchased when is the earliest I should send them out!!!???
ONE LUCKY GIRL!!

Re: Save The Dates

• My opinion is that you give OOT guests as much notice as possible in order to allow them to save up for the trip and to get their days off on the schedule for their jobs.  I would start looking now and plan to send them out around Nov/late Dec at the latest.  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• I have already ordered my Save the dates.

I will be sending them out at the 5-6 month mark.
  • i too am sending mine out 6 months in advance... as for OOT guest i told them by word of mouth to save the date just for the extra heads up. but I am still sending them all save the dates as well.. 
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• We are taking our photos that I plan to use for the STD on Sunday. As soon as I get the photos back I will be ordering them and then sending them out in Dec which is the 8 month mark. Typically I think people send them out at the 6-8 month mark
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We're getting married on 8/3/13 as well and my thought is to send them out soon after the New Year (i.e. 8 months to go!). I'm just afraid of sending them out during the holiday craziness that tends to occur on both sides of our familes... Too many family pic postcards are sent out and I'd hate for the Save the Dates to get thrown in the "holiday card pile".
  • I'm August 4th, and I was planning to send mine out the first week of January. I figure they will get lost in the shuffle if I do it during the December holidays. Most of our wedding is traveling cross country, so I'm hoping that's enough time. Most people I know have vacation days that go January-January (rather than hire-month hired), so I'm hoping it will all work out. I have to wait on these stupid etsy stamps I ~~had to have, though. Fingers crossed they come before then. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • I'm sending my STD's out by the end of November. We're getting married on a Friday evening, so I want to give people as much notice as I can since they may have to take off work, etc.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sending out during xmas
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my wedding is aug 4th, and i just got mine! I think I will send monday after thanksgiving so ppl will get 1st week of Dec before holidays!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards