Idaho
Options

Venue Ideas

I've been looking in Idaho for some really nice inexpensive wedding reception idea, however i want to have a winter wedding and there don't seem to be many places that offer such a thing. It may be that I'm not looking in the right places but i am having trouble, if anyone has any idea or insight as to where i could look it would be greatly appreciated!  

Re: Venue Ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking in Northern Idaho or Southern Idaho?  Or more specifically, what city?  That way we can help you narrow it down a little.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am looking for Boise mostly. However i would love to have it in the mountains but im not sure were
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try treasurevalleybrides.com. They have a list of most of the venues in the area. I got married at Sawtooth Winery on Nampa. It's gorgeous and up on a hill so it gives you a "mountainish" feel. Stick around! We'd love new posters on here!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If you need indoors, there is an adorable old grange hall on highway 16 (about 2 blocks in when you turn from State highway onto the highway to Emmett). It's would be for a small wedding, though. Old building, newly remodeled.  I would go there, but I'm at 200!

• Options
    shortgrass03shortgrass03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to get married in the mountains, and you are going to have a smaller wedding, look into renting a large cabin in McCall. I considered it, but the only problem is with the snow, you might have people that can't drive there. One of the girls in my month board is getting married in a cabin in the Smokey Mtns and her cabin has a balcony that overlooks a beautiful valley.

If you want something more in Boise, I know the Boise Depot had a special that if you booked December to March, you could get 5 hours for $500. I'm not sure if they'll be doing that for next winter, but you could call them and see.

There are a lot of places in downtown Boise, but they are kind of expensive (well, for me, who has a $3000 budget, lol) The CW Moore Plaza building, The Rose Room, The Crystal Ballroom, and The Bishop's House are all nice.

Here's a link to zweddings.com's indoor venue page.

http://www.zweddings.com/vendors/boise-idaho/venues-indoor

Hope this helps! Good luck - keep us updated! We love posters! :)
    image ~*~Rowyn at 5 months!~*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate to be a naysayer, but will say I had a terrible experience wih the Crystal Ballroom.  STUNNING building, but  couldn't get a hold of the venue coordinator, and when talking to someone who regularly works with her said she two things I found noteworthy.  1. "I can usually get her to answer the phone.  I'll try her" and 2. "She's hard to get a hold of ahead of time, but great day of." 

Both of things made me nervous.  And when my mother finally found her she told her she had no messages...3 of us called 3 different phone lines and 2 emails with nothing.  I know the emails were right - she emailed from them finally, and the same number at which I left a VM showed on my caller id when she finally called.  2 weeks later.  I'm sure she can be lovely, but I was uncomfortable.
  • Options
    shortgrass03shortgrass03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_idaho_venue-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:78Discussion:7b8fa47e-4c4a-421a-81aa-5d0826b10928Post:6bf3ba6a-ce89-4d62-9a14-2522fbba5927">Re: Venue Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate to be a naysayer, but will say I had a terrible experience wih the Crystal Ballroom.  STUNNING building, but  couldn't get a hold of the venue coordinator, and when talking to someone who regularly works with her said she two things I found noteworthy.  1. "I can usually get her to answer the phone.  I'll try her" and 2. "She's hard to get a hold of ahead of time, but great day of."  Both of things made me nervous.  And when my mother finally found her she told her she had no messages...3 of us called 3 different phone lines and 2 emails with nothing.  I know the emails were right - she emailed from them finally, and the same number at which I left a VM showed on my caller id when she finally called.  2 weeks later.  I'm sure she can be lovely, but I was uncomfortable.
    Posted by lonecorndog[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I didn't even try to deal with any of those buildings downtown because of my small budget. (I did almost do the Depot special, though.) Thanks for the review, though. :)
    image ~*~Rowyn at 5 months!~*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards