Nebraska
Options

Embassy vs. Magnolia downtown

Hello! My fiance and I are looking at places downtown for our reception. Right now we really like the Embassy Suites and the Magnolia. Anyone have advice one way or the other? Anyone have any pictures of weddings from these sites? I would appreciate any input! Thanks!

Katie and Mark

Re: Embassy vs. Magnolia downtown

• Options
    mikenjess113mikenjess113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is the website for my photographer but he did an EXCELLENT shoot at Magnolia and that is a gorgeous place, I wanted it sooooo bad, just a touch out of my budgets reach, I was devistated to say the least!

http://abetterexposure.com/blog/magnolia-hotel/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Magnolia is a beautiful venue, but unless you want to deal with the hassles of dealing with the wedding coordinator there, I wouldn't recommend having a wedding there.  We are to be married at Magnolia in less than a week and we just received a phone call from our DJ (who is amazing and comes highly recommended) saying that he refuses to work with her and asked us if we would mine having someone else DJ our wedding.  He also told us that there are 3 other DJs at his company that have had major problems with her.  She treats people in a very unprofessional manner and she's hard to work with.  Again, I wouldn't recommend getting married there. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW! That is a completely different experience than what we are having. SERIOUSLY, your DJ did that???? Sounds like he is the one who is NOT professional! OMG!!!! I would've booted him in a heartbeat if mine did that! And really, (4) DJs that don't mesh with her? I booked with the Magnolia because my cousin's friend was married there last fall and she raved about her. Apparently the previous coordinator was a monster... Our coordinator, Leanna, has been very professional along the way, organized and attentive to details. And, all the vendors we spoke to when interviewing them after booking Magnolia spoke very highly of her. I have great peace of mind knowing I chose the Magnolia and she will be orchestrating my wedding. None of the other places we toured seemed to care or that they would put forth half the effort she has and will. Sounds to me like there were (2) personalities that didn't mesh well with her, yours and his, Hey, it happens ~
  • Options
    mpjenompjeno member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To be fair, I've never even attended a wedding at the Embassy. However, we were married at the Magnolia last year (back on here to help a friend!) - and I loved it and only wish I had my reception there, too.

We opted to not have our reception there - partially due to price and partially due to the smaller reception area (as compared to our guest list). As I said to another bride, though, I WISH we'd had our ceremony in the courtyard, a cocktail hour in the ball room and an open-air or tented reception in the courtyard. We stayed the night before at the hotel & there was a BEAUTIFUL reception partially in the courtyard that I'm still jealous of!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That Coordinator is no longer at Magnolia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards