Second Weddings
Options

registers and 2nd weddings?

Re: registers and 2nd weddings?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG!  That is horrible - I am very sorry to hear that.  If your friends and family realize what you both have gone through, buying a gift for "round 2" probably won't (shouldn't) be an issue.  Go ahead and register, if people don't want to buy you a gift then they won't. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

It is appropriate and acceptable to register.  Tell your so-called friend that the registry is the POLITE thing to do so that your actual friends don't waste their hard earned money buying gifts that are not what you need.  And you can also tell your friend that a gift is not a requirement for any wedding, so registering is no more out of place for you (who deserves a break) than it is for a young first time bride.  ~Donna

• Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We plan on registering, mostly to upgrade items.    I'm a widow as well (also to suicide), and a lot of my "stuff" was mine and my late husband's stuff, so I kind of want to replace it anyway.  I don't think it's fair to my fiance (who's never been married before) to live in a house of stuff that is mostly "mine" and not "his."   I'd rather have things be "ours."

DSC_9275
  • Options
    kbn22273kbn22273 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks, ladies!!  I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am very sorry about your story!  It's perfectly acceptable to register.

My own SISTER told me I shouldn't register for my second wedding.  For my first marriage, I did NOT register and there were NO bridal showers either.  I didn't have anything - not even a dress!  We had two guests and went back to work.  However, she still said 2nd timers don't get anything - not even if you didn't have it the first time.  I was shocked at my own sister.  And hurt.

We probably will not register regardless of her comment.  I cannot bring myself to do so when people are paying over a grand to come see us in Wyoming.  If they ask, I'm going to say no gifts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards