Registry and Gift Forum
Options

another warning against registering with target

Just got married this weekend and after opening the gifts we realized we'd gotten duplicates of almost every single item on our target registry.

The registry obviously doesn't update properly. We even recieved an item that we'd deleted from the registry months ago.

Very disappointed in the target registry. I'm just hoping we don't run into too many problems trying to return all the duplicates!

Re: another warning against registering with target

• Options
    Congratulations! 

I hope everythinng else went well for you.  :;;sigh::  I could have warned you about the Target registry!
  • Options
    Congratulations!

We didn't register at Target, but from what I've seen around these boards, it can be a nightmare. Based on other posters' stories, I'd advise bringing a printed copy of your registry when you return items and returning them ASAP. People are always on here complaining about returns being difficult as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Try to accumulate as many receipts as possible, and definitely bring your printed out registry. Good luck!
  • Options
    Glad to have seen this post...we were seriously considering target for our registry. Funny enough, one of my best friends who got married this past August had these SAME issues. When I went to buy her wedding gift off her registry from here, the girl seemed clueless....when we got to the shower, her MIL bought the exact same gift I had. Any suggestions other than BBB?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_another-warning-against-registering-with-target?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:d6d48814-ec15-45c6-9502-fad33458683dPost:bdc7de47-27ca-4122-8cf0-5e7208b0c3df">Re: another warning against registering with target</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glad to have seen this post...we were seriously considering target for our registry. Funny enough, one of my best friends who got married this past August had these SAME issues. When I went to buy her wedding gift off her registry from here, the girl seemed clueless....when we got to the shower, her MIL bought the exact same gift I had. Any suggestions other than BBB?
    Posted by ashleycox8604[/QUOTE]

<div>Macy's is really good if you have one in your area. We did Macy's and BB&B. I really wanted to do Target because I love their stuff, but didn't want to deal with the nightmare of returns.</div>
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards