Illinois-Chicago
Options

Chandler's in Schaumburg

My FI and I are seriously thinking about booking Chandler's for our 2012 wedding, but I'd like to hear from other brides who have used this venue. I did a search on this board and some of the posts were quite old, so I wanted more current info.

If anyone has had/or is having their wedding there, I'd love to hear from you. What do you like/dislike about the venue and how is it working with the people there? Thanks!

p.s. Would also take other suggestions on venues in this general area that offer reasonably priced packages.

Re: Chandler's in Schaumburg

• Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED Chandlers and if the minimum was a little bit lower, we would have booked there. I was dealing with Kim up until we decided to move on and they were all wonderful. The grand ballroom is just gorgeous and so unique with the exposed beams plus the deck for cocktail hour was just a huge bonus.
    Honestly, the only reason we didn't go with Chandlers is because we would have lost alot of money because we decided to go with the Cotillion in Palatine last year (which btw has a person minimum, not a dollar minimum) and we would have lost our deposit plus pay like a $4500 difference. I only wish I would have looked at Chandler's earlier on.
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and if you haven't looked at The Cotillion, check is out too. The other place is the Metropolis in downtown Arlington Heights. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A close friend of mine went to a wedding at Chandlers last October and said everything was great.  For New Years 2009 we went there for their event and we loved it...beautiful, great food, etc.  However for our upcoming wedding we went the Cotillion and couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at Chandler's but were too impressed. We couldn't afford the big room downstairs. The other room upstairs was not our style though. Personally I didn't like the fact that they could have other events at the same time. Also, I didn't like the coordinators they had. We had to wait until they finished a personal conversation before we were able to see them. I know this b/c we were sitting right outside of their office (which was a disaster!) and could hear everything they said.

HOWEVER, we went to a friend's wedding there last year and it was fantastic. They had the big room downstairs and it was so nice. The food was wonderful, some of the best wedding food we've had...except for our own wedding, that was THE BEST. =)

I would say that if you like it, go for it.

We had our reception at the Arboretum Club in Buffalo Grove. I really can't say enough great things about Chris and her team. Everything turned out perfect. Things that I had over looked were done to perfection without anyone asking for anything. They truly went above and beyond. They are flexible with budgets and guest lists too.
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked at Chandlers and although we loved the main ballroom we didn't have enough people to book it. The smaller rooms were not really as nice.
    We ended up with White Pines in Bensenville. They were great to work with, prices were lower, and I loved that it was a single event venue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we just got married there on the 17th. we were in the ballroom. everything was perfect, the food was delicious, the staff helpful. we couldn't have had a better wedding day! i highly recommend it. :)
    Amy :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the replies. I think we're going to go for it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours there in October...I cannot wait.  We are having it in the main ballroom and it's beautiful!!!  Kim has been very helpful, she's really down to earth and has some great new ideas about things, not that stuffy kinda thing that you find at most places.  My friend got married there 2 years ago and I stood up, it was beautiful as well.  They really are ontop of the quality there.  Good Luck:)
    Kimmie
  • Options
    CynthiaJHCynthiaJH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friends wedding is there in September. Reading the replies I wish we would have looked there-mine is at the Seville in Streamwood. Also my sister had her reception last year at White Pines-which was really nice. I love the Seville but wish there were windows, but since it is a banquet hall and not a golf course there are none. But the package we got was too good to say no to!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married there July 2011.  I have never heard anything but great things about the food!  Both ladies are great to work with, although we mostly deal with Kim.  They were shown on Bridezillas (the 2-hour special)!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards