Michigan-Lansing

Invitations

Where is a good place to get wedding invatations and/or save the date magnants at an inexpesive price.  Im newley engaged and not sure where to start with all this stuff  thanks for the help

Re: Invitations

• edited December 2011
    I'm making my invites, which can be a hassle, but if your a little crafty it can really save you some money.
  • edited December 2011
    Michael's carries these invitation kits by Brides Magazines that are adorable. I'm using a pocketfold kit and they've turn out great. I'd suggest looking there if you want to DIY but not completely from scratch. Plus you can use those great 40% coupons. 
  • edited December 2011
    For my save the dates, I designed mine and printed them through vistaprint.com. If you sign up for their e-mails, you can get 100 free and just pay for the design upload and shipping.

For my invitations, I'm going through Diad Designs out of Pinckney. Becky came up with some very nice, and I think her prices are reasonable. She's good with e-mail, but she'll also meet you in Howell to go over things. Her Web site is http://diaddesignco.com/.

Hope this helps some!
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used a freelancer named Jennifer Crawford – metzcrawford@hotmail.com – as have  lots of other knotties – and she created a “suite” of paper products that all tied together and was a fraction of the price of most websites out there. I was able to supply her with examples of styles I liked and work to create exactly what I wanted with out having to pick out of a catalog or style number! HTH!
  • wparsons1223wparsons1223 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to pp about Michaels. Jo-Anne, Hobby Lobby and Walmart also have DIY kits. You just dowmload a free template online, add your wording and send to your own computer printer. We got a great deal on one of these kits through Ebay and they came out great!
  • TommollyTommolly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MagnetStreet did a great job on our save the dates. I was surprised by their personal service, I found out that they're a family owned business. 

I found a coupon code that saved me some cash too!   
  • MeegePVchickMeegePVchick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Some of the same kits that are at Michaels, JoAnn, etc are making their way down to the $ stores.  I got mine at Meijer & JoAnn and added punched out hearts tied with ribbon- they look like they cost $$$$$ but were cheap and only took a couple days to do.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards