Connecticut
Options

Norwich area reception venues

We've been offered to have our ceremony at the Norwich Cathedral, which would be great! We just don't know where we would have the reception. We're looking for budget options and we are open to outsidethebox venues. Resteraunts, museums, vineyards, anything else you can think of? We're open to traveling up to half an hour.

Re: Norwich area reception venues

• Options
    You can look into the Mashentucket Pequot Museum, near Foxwoods, which is probably 15 mins away.  I've never been but I'm going to a wedding there this fall and I know of people who have been to proms and other functions there and enjoyed themselves.  There's also Norwich Inn & Spa.  Wrights Mill in Canterbury is nice and has a rustic feel to it, its about a half hour away.  Mystic is also a half hour away, you can check out Mystic Seaport and Mystic Aquarium, and there's probably several other venues in that area.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Check out The Crocker House in New London

The Bradford House Mansion in Groton @ Uconn Avery Point.

Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    We're getting married at the Spa at Norwich Inn! It's gorgeous, and the coordinator has been really good so far. 
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

There's a lot of places - approximately how many people?

If you want to stay in Norwich, the Holiday Inn has a huge ballroom; prices are reasonable. There's also a ballroom in downtown Norwich, just down the street from the Cathedral called The Wauregan; you bring in your own caterer. There's the American Wharf Marina in downtown Norwich. There's River Ridge Golf course in Griswold, 15 min away. Tamarack Lodge in Voluntown about 25 min away; great rustic option and reasonable prices. There's a couple of vineyards in Preston and Ledyard. The other posts mentioned Mystic .. there's the Mystic Marriott which is in Groton. Exactly 1/2 hr from the Cathedral. There's the French Club in Jewett City which has a nice room overlooking a pond. Prices are very reasonable - I think less than $30/person.

I'm getting married at the Cathedral in October - let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards