Snarky Brides

AW: So excited about this dress I bought!

I went out on a whim to see if I could find a nicer dress than the sundress I was planning on wearing for my shower, and came home with this:

So excited! I think the picture doesn't even do justice to how flattering it is - hugs all the curvy bits, skims over all the wobbly bits, pleated all up and down to make me look taller, the right length - I'm in love.

How would you accessorize it? I'm thinking a shrug of some kind might not be amiss since the shower will be outside and I'd rather not get sunburned, and I'm also thinking about shoes. I kind of want to wear flat sandals since we'll be in a garden and out in the grass a lot, and I have pairs that are black, dark brown, and kind of a copper color - would one of those work?

Mainly though I am just excited about it, and it's going to be a few hours before Charlie wakes up and I can put it on and prance around in front of him, so I wanted to tell somebody. :)
imageimage
Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?

Re: AW: So excited about this dress I bought!

• annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    I love that dress! That style and shape is my favorite kind of dress to wear.

I'd probably just wear a white cardigan with it, and maybe the bronze sandals. I'm not much help with jewelry since I don't wear much.
  • I'd probably wear a white shrug and white sandals with that dress, and maybe a blue hair accessory if you're feeling up to that :)

You look great!  Seriously that is an adorable dress.  I'm excited for you!
    panther
  • That is very cute! Such a flattering shape.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker < br > Planning Bio
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Love it! Beautiful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aw-excited-this-dress-bought?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:49f9e2cc-4670-4154-8e2d-dcd76d54b463Post:b0d3e435-8b7c-44f3-acae-136d33c50434">Re: AW: So excited about this dress I bought!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Very pretty!  Where (if you don't mind me asking) did you find it?  It's a super flattering style and I love the floral print!
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I got it at Macy's in (I guess) their special occasion dress section, but the one for grownups rather than teenyboppers. It's a Calvin Klein dress that was marked down from $144 to $79. There were so many pretty things there!
    imageimage
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Pretty!  I like the idea of silver (or white) sandals/shoes and a white shrug/cardigan/wrap.  For jewelry, maybe pearls?
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I say white cardigan, too.  I like Raynes idea of pearls.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Great dress, Sarah!  I would go pearls, but I am a pearl kind of girl (as I wear them today).
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Pearls sound like fun. I could really end up looking like quite the society lady, as I am also considering this white straw hat I have. I really don't want to get sunburned this year. :)
    imageimage
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aw-excited-this-dress-bought?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:49f9e2cc-4670-4154-8e2d-dcd76d54b463Post:2a8e9fe4-2110-4efe-88f1-e8e9c2b969f1">Re: AW: So excited about this dress I bought!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pearls sound like fun. I could really end up looking like quite the society lady, as I am also considering this white straw hat I have. I really don't want to get sunburned this year. :)
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

Well then, you must also include gloves.  Bonus points if there's lace/frills at the cuff.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CantiaCantia member
    First Comment
    That's a lovely dress, I'm also thinking light colour sandals and a white/cream wrap or cardigan. I have to say I love the pirate flag in the background! :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic International Nesties Signature Challenge - Place I would most like to visit
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aw-excited-this-dress-bought?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:49f9e2cc-4670-4154-8e2d-dcd76d54b463Post:b1134035-9d15-4e5d-aa86-07843702a029">Re: AW: So excited about this dress I bought!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's a lovely dress, I'm also thinking light colour sandals and a white/cream wrap or cardigan. I have to say I love the pirate flag in the background! :D
    Posted by Cantia[/QUOTE]

Haha I was wondering if anybody would notice that. :)
    imageimage
  • CantiaCantia member
    First Comment
    I'm surprised it took this long. It rocks and I want one!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic International Nesties Signature Challenge - Place I would most like to visit
  • I really like it.  What are you going to do for shoes?
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aw-excited-this-dress-bought?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:49f9e2cc-4670-4154-8e2d-dcd76d54b463Post:ad9522ea-493d-4d4f-b2dd-54cf7129bdbd">Re: AW: So excited about this dress I bought!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really like it.  What are you going to do for shoes?
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking flat sandals of some kind. The shower is in a native plant garden, and I'm going to have to navigate grass a lot. I haven't decided whether to go with an existing pair or buy something to match the dress - the dress was a bit of a splurge as it is. :)

Charlie's awake now! So I get to wear it and prance around.
    imageimage
  • CantiaCantia member
    First Comment
    How about wedges? A bit of a heel would look really good with that dress.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aw-excited-this-dress-bought?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:49f9e2cc-4670-4154-8e2d-dcd76d54b463Post:fca3e1f5-0ea0-4717-b654-42006ba1669b">Re: AW: So excited about this dress I bought!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How about wedges? A bit of a heel would look really good with that dress.
    Posted by Cantia[/QUOTE]

Perhaps. I may sacrifice a little beauty for comfort, since there's going to be a lot of walking around with this particular site, but I may go and try some things on and see if I can find something that works well.
    imageimage
  • CantiaCantia member
    First Comment
    How casual is your event? You could try espadrilles <- Clicky. The heel is quite high in this particular example, but you can find lower.
  • I agree with pearls and a white sweater. Hmmm I like wedges but thats just me personally.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think you could do the copper colored sandals with that. I'm not a big fan of matchy-matchy, so I wouldnt do white sandals. It seems old lady to me to do that.
    The dress is lovely, and looks great on you! :)
  • That is an incredible dress! LOVE
  • edited May 2011
    So pretty!  Ditto the bronze shoes--it will make the dress more cool, less ladyish.  But I just love the shape of it!

ETA: Really I would wear nude shoes with it, but I picked bronze from your choices. I'm a big advocate of nude shoes--they're practical and will make your legs look a mile long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards