Florida-South Florida
Options

omg...need some vibes

SOooo... I take my cell out when it's my prep time this morning and see a text from one of my bridesmaids saying, "Check your email ASAP."  I'm like hmm ok.. I check email and she sent me and the rest of the bridal party a link about the salon where we ordered our bridesmaid dresses is filing bankruptcy tomorrow!  This salon has been in business for 60yrs. or so and had a good reputation.   Some people got calls to pick up their gowns by last Saturday due to "renovations" and then this story comes public by the news stations this morning.  We never got a call regarding our dresses (luckily my gown is in the closet upstairs from DAvid's Bridal) and wouldn't have even known until it was time for the dress to come in if it wasn't on the news!  One of my bridesmaids is in an August wedding for a girl we grew up with and she was on line at the store all day today to pick up her gown and she wasn't able to get in by the time she got close to the door.  So now, two of my bridesmaids are taking personal days tomorrow to go there with our receipts, wait on the madhouse line, and try findingout the status of whether or not our dresses were ever submitted to the manufacturer to be made.  We ordered them the last wknd. in MArch and were told it'd take 3 months probably before they were in. A lady who used to work there for 30yrs. was at the parking lot this aft. when my friend went trying to help people with what to do and said we could probably call our credit cards to have them refund our deposits (I paid for FI's niece until his mom pays back), possibly find out from a worker if they have been submitted, and maaaaybe the manufacturer can send to a new salon that carries the brand.  Otherwise, we have to hope that we can find it someplace else and get it in a decent time.  SOOooooooooooooo frustrated!  I know there's still 5 mos., but there were only like 2 salons over hre that actually carried these dresses so now I have to start calling salons again. :-(
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nov. SoFla Siggy -Fav. Registry Item- Kitchen Aid from my BP!

Re: omg...need some vibes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards