May 2012 Weddings

Recent brides......

Was it an ordeal for you to go to the ladies room?  My gown is mermaid style and I am already thinking about this!! LOL
Did your MOH assist you?
Did you have to get out of your gown?

Re: Recent brides......

• spalkospalko member
    First Comment
    I have had my wedding yet but here is an article to check out, Peeing While Wearing the Dress :)

http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/peeing-while-wearing-the-dress
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • I used the restroom one time at my wedding.. and I had a trumpet style/mermaid dress and I just sat on the toilet backwards (facing the wall) and had one of my BMs help me hold my dress up. It wasnt that bad :) LOL just gotta use caution haha!
    March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • I honestly didn't have to go once! By the time the reception started everything flew by!!
    imageAnniversary
  • I had an A-line skirt and had my PA help me the first time.  Even though I didn't need her after that, I was glad to have her there - I almost left with TP trailing out from my skirt!
  • I had a fit and flare dress. I didnt have any help in the bathroom, sat on the toilet the normal way, and went multiple times. It wasnt difficult really. I just bundled my dress up into my arms and sat down.
    That being said, I was happy to get to go later without having to worry about my dress.
    I think as long as you can lift your dress all up yourself, you'll be fine. It wasnt nearly as complicated as I had feared.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The one time I had to go in my dress my hubby helped me! We ran up to our room during the reception so I could get something from the room. I decided to pee in the comfort and privacy of my room instead of the public restroom. Lol. It was pretty easy. I held the dress but needed his help getting up so I didn't drop part of the dress in the toilet
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    150 Invited image RSVP Date: April 15th
    84 Attendingimage
    66 Missing Outimage
    0 Not Repliedimage
  • I went right before I got dressed and then didn't need to go until after the reception, but that was only 5 hours.
    Anniversary
  • I used the bathroom right before getting into my dress around 2pm for a 3pm wedding and then didn't use the bathroom again until 1230am-ish back at the hotel. Didn't even think about going to bathroom actually haha
  • ha! :) I went once -- I ended up having my cousin guard the bathroom and my MOH unzip my dress. I just quickly stepped out of it, went to the restroom and then stepped back into it. My dress was a trumpet...
    Anniversary
  • I went only one time....and I managed to go alone. I had an A-line with about 10 layers. I didn't really have to go, but I figured I would before the reception really got going. I ran off on my own, hiked up my dress and it's million layers, sort of wrapped it around me, and went in the normal way. :) Good luck!
  • I peed backwards, I did have my MOH hold up my dress, but I could have done it myself, it took just as long as other times to pee.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had a trumpet style and went by myself, but only had to go one time the entire night!  You will be so busy that honestly, you will probably forget about that until you sit down at the end of the night! :)
  • There was no way of going at all in my dress, it was super tight mermaid with a full corset lace-up back... so I just decided that I would change into my reception dress as soon as I had to go. Well since I was dying of thirst all day and kept drinking water, I only lasted about 2 1/2 hours in my dress, then I really had to go and changed. It was actually fine with me, we got all of our photos in and just did our first dances during dinner to speed things up, lol... 
  • kimberlykhkimberlykh member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I had a big, poofy dress and it was kind-of a PITA to go.  My sister helped me hold everything up, but luckily I only went once right before the ceremony.  I purposely didn't drink a ton of water that day. 
  • ronik77ronik77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    My issue wasn't my dress, it was the spanx underneath and trying to fasten it back! I had one of those thats the body suit with the snaps. LOL

My husband and I started laughing so hard, I just gave up and changed into my reception outfit! Plus my sisters were outside the door saying stuff about us not being able to "wait" until after the reception didn't help the giggles any.

Smile
    Anniversary
  • Honestly, I used the bathroom before getting dressed and didn't even have time or  think about going again until we got to the hotel.  I didn't drink a lot of water or anything for that matter at the reception, so I was totally fine.
    Time of our lives Anniversary
  • Actually, now that I think about it, I didn’t have to go while I was wearing my dress.  The night went by so fast. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards