California-Inland Empire

I need help with a wedding venue!!

My fiance and I have a pretty small budget for our wedding. We are paying for it ourselves with no savings (yet) and very little help from our parents. Our budget is about 5K-6K and have yet to find the perfect location that we can afford. Obviously most of the all inclusive venues are way over our budget, but we are very simple people that just want to celebrate with friends and family. We honestly wish we had a backyard to use!
Anyway, any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated. I am already so tired of looking and I just started!!

Re: I need help with a wedding venue!!

• edited December 2011
    When I was looking I saw a banquet/hall in Downtown Fullerton that allowed you to bring in your own alcohol I think it was called Wilshire Corner... (All Inclusive Package)? We also saw the Westminister manor also allows you to bring in your own alcohol & All inclusive package (it was pretty cheap).... Then there was an outdoor veue it's also in Fullerton it's their Alumni House, that allows you to bring in your own alcohol BUT its just to rent the place you have to provide eveything else 
    they're not mistakes, just learning opportunities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • est2005est2005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Lynne, it's Torry...try looking through all the posts too. People always come on and tell people about they're venues. Also TK has a search option for venues as well. Also, you can look on the other local boards or they have ones for your month as well. They can give you good ideas on projects.
    Hi Girls,
    How is everyone? (BreBre, Kasi!!) I am so tired from work I am barely ever on..I feel like I've missed so much. So Lynne is someone I grew up with and she is newly engaged and she needs ideas. I told her you guys were the best, so if you have any ideas let her know...

Thanks <3
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest looking up community centers.  There are some that really nice and even have kitchens.  Then all you would have to do is find a cater that gives you a good price.  Keep your favors small so you don't spend a ton of money, look for deals on your dress and find someone you know to take your photos instead of hiring a photographer.  This will help you stay in your 6000 mark.
  • emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp. We looked into community centers.  I don't know how far Rancho Cucamonga is from you but their Central Park Comunity Center has great rates and its a really nice facilities.  they have all their rental info and event poicies on their website.  Fontana and Riverside have a bunch.  Claremony has the Taylor Reception Hall. HTH :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• edited December 2011
    Try CANYON CREST COUNTRY CLUB in Riverside Ca.  I was going to do my wedding there but my mom decided to throw my sister's sweet sixteen there this year.  For 80 plus people (i dont know the exact number because it keeps growing) they are charging her $4,000.  Its a pretty place with a nice view and you can have your ceremony there too if you want right on the golf course.

Also, try the MITTEN BUILDING in Redlands.  You have to dress it up but its fun and historic and low cost.
  • moomers44moomers44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As "emilypeach" mentioned the Central Park Community Center in Rancho Cucamonga is great. My friend was one of the first ones married there and it was beautiful. From Fullerton, RC is about 35 minutes away...not bad
  • est2005est2005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, thanks! I might even steal some for myself. :) Thanks ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    Depending on how many people you have, Hidden Valley Golf Course is really really nice. We just got married there, and it was awesome. Its in Norco, and its very pretty. The coordinator there is awesome, and she can help with anything you need.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

We are having our ceremony and reception at Eagle Glen Golf Club in Corona. They offer different pricing packages and are very reasonable...

.... Try looking into it!

• edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at Arrowhead Country Club in San Bernardino.  The ceremony, food, and drinks came out to under $5000 for 110 people.  It's not the prettiest place but I made it look pretty awesome with the decorations.  Turned out gorgeous.  Good luck in your hunt!
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Oh to add to all that, to keep costs low do a ton of DIY (do it yourself).  I did most of my things that way (invites, flowers, etc.) and my wedding came in under $10,000.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011

Like est2005 said you can get a lot of venues when going through the posts, I found a lot that I didn't find on wedding sites but I know how you feel about getting tired of looking. I'm still looking for mine venue but have 2 in mind and hopefully will be picking one soon. These ladies have such great advice and ideas so I definately recommend looking at posts. :)

• edited December 2011
    You guys are awesome!! I will be looking into all of these :)
  • juliennecjuliennec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe look into renting a vacation home.  I was looking around a bit because I would like to have a "backyard wedding" and there are quite a few locations out there that rent out homes for weddings, plus you get to use the home for guests, etc. for the weekend.  Some places are as low as $500 a day.  Spend the extra money on catering and alcohol, or have a potluck and have everyone bring something. 

Try looking on www.homeaway.com or some other vacation rental site.  I found at least 10 places in southern california.

Good luck!
  • est2005est2005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol..my boss owns Eagle Glen!
  • jmlewis82jmlewis82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Lynne! I was checking out the posts and was like- Hey! I know that girl! She's my best friend. Let me know if I can help out with anything. :)

Jenn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards