Wedding Party
Options

Stupid bed and breakfast!

My fiance and I looked into a Bed and Breakfast to have our wedding reception.  The place is lovely, but the more I talked to them, the less helpful they seemed, and you have to rent the entire B&B to have the reception.  They kept telling me that to reserve the entire inn would be the price of all the rooms (for two nights) PLUS $1000.  I asked why the $1000 fee and she said that was to reserve the inn.  Which didn't make sense, because if I pay for all the rooms, I am indeed reserving the inn. Then, she told me they had full availability the weekend we needed, but then ended up with a reservation.  So I went online and booked the 9 other rooms and told her we would just stay there but have our reception elsewhere.  I booked, got online confirmation, price, with tax.  They emailed me today with a DIFFERENT quote that is $600 more.  What on EARTH!?!?  I am so frustrated and baffled and really put off.  Grrrr. 

Any advice??  :(

Re: Stupid bed and breakfast!

• Options
    I don't know about the extra thousand, but a $600 charge on top of that?  Whoa.

Don't go there.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_stupid-bed-and-breakfast?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:745936fc-247c-4a86-be13-b1682bfcd824Post:16575598-d5f6-49a6-8576-ba14d49e3588">Re:Stupid bed and breakfast!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My advice is cancel ASAP and find somewhere else. I would assume the extra thousand is to have them actually WORK the reception and deal with the extra people coming in, so that doesn't surprise me, nor does it sound over the top. But the 600 difference in room pricing would make me go elsewhere.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This.  Having a lot of people come in for the reception certainly would require more from the Inn, so additional charges should be anticipated, but there shouldn't be any additional costs for booking all the rooms.  If they couldn't explain WHY the 1000$ cost of having the reception there, they aren't good business people since they can't explain what Stage just did.

</div>
  • Options
    Cancel and find another venue ASAP!  If they are behaving this way before you contract, it doesn't make them seem very reliable for the execution of your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards