Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Wedding Coordinator/Day of Coordinator Cost?

Does anyone care to share the cost of their wedding planner/day of coordinator?  Reviews would be helpful as well.  I'm not sure if I'm going to use one since the coordinator at my venue says that she will do it... just wanted to get an idea.

Thanks ladies!

PS - I LOVE THIS BOARD!

Re: Wedding Coordinator/Day of Coordinator Cost?

• edited December 2011
    Altar Ego Weddings Jennifer Ashford. She is doing day of for us.  I believe it was 650.00.   I like her so far!
    Photobucket
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Day of Coordinator is $750. 

I would recommend having a day of coordinator that's independent of your venue.  The venue coordinator's first priority is the venue, not you, and isn't going to be as detailed towards your wants and needs as an independent coordinator.  Of course, there are places out there with awesome venue coordinators who pretty much do the job of a day-of-coordinator, but on the other hand, I've heard stories about venue coordinators who didn't do anything.

In the big picture of things, I feel like a day-of-coordinator is worth the money for the peace of mind.  Also, if you read these boards or any wedding blogs, hardly any brides who hired day-of-coordinators regretted it, unless they got a questionable one from Craigslist or something like that.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    That is so true.  In fact our WC at the Stoneleigh even suggested that we have one for the day because she will be handling the venue side of it!  
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My friend is starting her wedding planning company and was my DOC and she was awesome and kept us ahead of schedule.

Her email is thirtythreeevents@yahoo.com 
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-coordinatorday-of-coordinator-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6273791d-f75e-44f6-89eb-dd18245ac9c3Post:f7a5ed14-f7a7-4578-a795-226ec7f313b7">Re: Wedding Coordinator/Day of Coordinator Cost?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would recommend having a day of coordinator that's independent of your venue.  The venue coordinator's first priority is the venue, not you, and isn't going to be as detailed towards your wants and needs as an independent coordinator.  I feel like a day-of-coordinator is worth the money for the peace of mind.  Posted by Donnaaries[/QUOTE]
    This x 100.  I wish someone had told me this beforehand.  I learned the hard way.
  • edited December 2011
    And that's why I went and got one....stephiehall!  Again you have helped.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We got a wedding planner, so she's actually helping out more then the day of - Kathie Seeley with Grand Events.  She does offer day of which is about $950. She has been awesome so far, helping with the vendors and scoring us some major deals.  She will also be doing all of our flowers for our wedding.

I totally agree with Donna on the venue coordinator is looking out for the venue.  In fact we had an awesome venue coordinator, who just recently resigned so it made me even more grateful to have our own planner.
  • edited December 2011
    When I was the MOH at my bestie's wedding, her venue coordinator was terrible.... I ended up acting as the planner for several months before and the day of the wedding... while I would have loved it if it were my job, I really would have preferred to just be a "guest" at this particular event. 

That experience told me that I HAD to have a DOC. I know my loved ones could and would take care of things, but I just couldn't put them through it... It would have stressed me out to see them so stressed out...

I got my DOC on a blog special, but I think her regular day-of rate is $850.

EDIT: I've only had the DOC for a few weeks, but I think she has already earned her pay!!! I'm loving the vendor recs she gives us. And throwing out her name to other vendors has already helped us get a few deals!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try K and M Affairs
  • edited December 2011

may I suggest Swank Soiree

www.myswanksoiree.com

• edited December 2011
    I'm curious about this too! Any other knotties want to weigh in? I need to find someone that won't break the bank!
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to say, when I started looking at day of coordinators, I was hit with a bit of sticker shock. It wasn't something I had originally budgeted for, and I had no idea what the going rate was. However, I did know that it would be totally worth the cost to not have to worry about anything on the day of the wedding. 

My DOC is Meredith Commender, her company is Significant Events of Texas. She came highly recommended by my DJ, Glenn Roush. I'm paying $1000, for an initial consultation, a final meeting, unlimited phone/email consultations, and one vendor recommendation. I paid an extra $75 to have an additional meeting at our venue, which was so worth it, my mind was put at ease about all of my logistical worries. She also sends me ideas for the wedding on occasion, which makes me feel like she really cares about my wedding, and I'm not considered a lesser customer since I only hired her for day-of. I've really enjoyed working with her so far.
  • I would highly recommend Kelly Smith. She can be reached at KellySmithWeddings@gmail.com. Her prices start at $30/hr. Average day-of coordination is usually between 300-400 dollar so she has some of the best pries in town and SO great at what she does.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards