I found this gem over the weekend after getting tired of trying to figure out the best way to organize the planning info for our wedding. I simply google searched for "Wedding Planning Spreadsheet".
I clicked on this site: http://www.weddingjunkie.com/archives/24 and found the most incredible and comprehensive spreadsheet I've seen. In short here is what it contains and why I like it.
Contains Tabs for:
* Wedding Guest List w/ address infe, number in party, number of children, and table number (I find problems when exporting from the knot so I had switched to excel using)
* Bridal Shower/ Bridal Luncheon Guest List (Brilliant if you are ever asked to pass on addresses for a shower being planned for you)
* Wedding Gift Tracker
* Budget (My FI is a CPA and has his own setup so we changed this to a chart to track songs that must be/may not be played at teh wedding and reception)
* To Do Day Of (Love that you can write in name and tasks for them in a list below. I see my self exporting it into a fun checklist for those helping out day of)
**** My two favs****
* TImeline for day of activities broken out in 15 min intervals!
* To do List (the most comprehensive list I have seen EVER! You can sort by when to do the task, the category (I.e. Beauty Routine) and even subcategory (I.e. dental cleaning)!! You have to see it to believe it... although I must admit I was moderately overwhelmed at first, I see the beauty in having such a comprehensive list.)
Take a peek, if spreadsheets are the thing for you, great!!! I hope this helps someone else!