Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

sam's club flowers

did any recent bride buy your flowers from Sam's club?  If so, do you have pics and were you satisfied? thanks

Re: sam's club flowers

• You might try posting this on the Flowers board.

While I have heard of knotties say they have been really pleased when they ordered wholesale flowers, I don't know of anyone personally who has used them for their wedding.
  • 2 of my friends used Sam's for their flowers, and in my opinion, they should not have. By the time of the wedding, all of the flowers were wilted and some were brown. I thought about getting my flowers from Sam's and I am so happy that my MOH talked me out of it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • needle&threadneedle&thread member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2011
    Try http://www.fiftyflowers.com/  I will...  They come bundled nicely, unbloomed, sleepy and need a little prep time to open...maybe the day before...prep directions come with them.  Even flowers that are out of season here, are in season in South America...where many of the flowers come from.  Which means your flowers will be the freshest.  They are probably cheaper than Sams and they come boxed, directly to you...no other parties touching the petals or stems (body heat not good).  Not to mention that they have great packages including the centerpieces, bouquets, boutonnieres, and petals for the flowergirls.  I think that its a deal...

Hope this helps...

S and CJ
    S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_sams-club-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:f9d03ec4-be86-4b90-b349-4cef087935eePost:82c4d34c-0767-482c-aeac-bd5743368e35">Re: sam's club flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try <a href="http://www.fiftyflowers.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.fiftyflowers.com/</a>  I will...  They come bundled nicely, unbloomed, sleepy and need a little prep time to open...maybe the day before...prep directions come with them.  Even flowers that are out of season here, are in season in South America...where many of the flowers come from.  Which means your flowers will be the freshest.  They are probably cheaper than Sams and they come boxed, directly to you...no other parties touching the petals or stems (body heat not good).  Not to mention that they have great packages including the centerpieces, bouquets, boutonnieres, and petals for the flowergirls.  I think that its a deal... Hope this helps... S and CJ
    Posted by needle&thread[/QUOTE]

Hmm.  This website appears to have the same options and foral arrangements as those on BJs and/or Costco but for more $$$.  Probably Sam's club too (but I gaven't been on that website yet).   They probably all use the same farms, workers etc. I think the issue the previous bride experienced was due to ordering the flowers at the wrong time.  From reviews I've read, you need to carefully work with their service department and order them at the perfect tme so they arrive early enough to get them in time and get some TLC to perk up but not too early that the flowers fully bloom, wilt ,and die before your big day.  I plan to order my BM bouquets from BJs and I'm still trying to find my bouquet.
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • needle&threadneedle&thread member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_sams-club-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:f9d03ec4-be86-4b90-b349-4cef087935eePost:9e9700a1-a21e-4590-ae71-cc5d8a8dc3ba">Re: sam's club flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE] Hmm.  This website appears to have the same options and foral arrangements as those on BJs and/or Costco but for more $$$.  Probably Sam's club too (but I gaven't been on that website yet).   They probably all use the same farms, workers etc. I think the issue the previous bride experienced was due to ordering the flowers at the wrong time.  From reviews I've read, you need to carefully work with their service department and order them at the perfect tme so they arrive early enough to get them in time and get some TLC to perk up but not too early that the flowers fully bloom, wilt ,and die before your big day.  I plan to order my BM bouquets from BJs and I'm still trying to find my bouquet.
    Posted by smilormarie[/QUOTE]

BJ's, Sam's nor Costco has the <u><strong><em>variety</em></strong></u> of flowers of 50flowers. All their bouquets are pre-made with flowers <u><em><strong>they</strong></em></u> want; roses--everyone doesn't want roses.  Where are the orchids, ranunculus, Gerbera daisies, gardenias and exotic lillies? Not only that, yeah the prices are higher, but you get many more flowers from 50flowers (bulk-not the wedding in a box); thats how I'm getting so many flowers for my centerpieces (10), all the bouquets (9), boutonnieres (12), corsages (3), petals(100s) and flowers for the church pews and pulpit. I am a DIY person so the option to create my own bouquets with as many exotic flowers as I wanted for my special day is what I favor--not just the run-of-the-mill rose. 

<p>You get what you pay for...just a thought...</p>
    S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_sams-club-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:f9d03ec4-be86-4b90-b349-4cef087935eePost:49b8e5d5-7879-410b-b928-86c99b1c01f9">Re: sam's club flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: sam's club flowers : BJ's, Sam's nor Costco has the variety of flowers of 50flowers. All their bouquets are pre-made with flowers they want; roses--everyone doesn't want roses.  Where are the orchids, ranunculus, Gerbera daisies, gardenias and exotic lillies? Not only that, yeah the prices are higher, but you get many more flowers from 50flowers (bulk-not the wedding in a box); thats how I'm getting so many flowers for my centerpieces (10), all the bouquets (9), boutonnieres (12), corsages (3), petals(100s) and flowers for the church pews and pulpit. I am a DIY person so the option to create my own bouquets with as many exotic flowers as I wanted for my special day is what I favor--not just the run-of-the-mill rose.  You get what you pay for...just a thought...
    Posted by needle&thread[/QUOTE]

No, you can get loose flowers from Sams and they give you plenty for much cheaper! 50 flowers is a rip off if you are wanting popular flowers like roses, carnations, hydrangeas, daisies, and mini calla lilies. I have read wonderful things from women who purchased their flowers with sams and if you are trying to penny pinch and have beautiful flowers go with Sams, BJ's or Costco whatever you want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • I don't know about Sam's, but I got mine done at Kroger.  I loved them and would recommend anyone to go there rather than a schmancy flower shop.  I wanted flowers they don't normally use in their daily arrangements, and she was more than willing to order them in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards