Alabama
Options

My bridesmaids are NOT helping!!!

I don't feel like any of my BM's are doing what they're supposed to. I've done ALL the leg work for everything! I've had to help them find their shoes, I'm buying their jewelry, I helped 2 of them pay for their dress, and nobody's volunteering to go pick up their dresses which are an hour away, they expect me to! I have even found a free location for the bridal tea and our stay for my bachelorette party. And 3 of them haven't booked their flight/stay for my wedding!!! I don't feel like I'm supposed to be THIS involved but nobody's steppin up to the plate, how do I light a fire under their you know what without being mean about it???
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: My bridesmaids are NOT helping!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe explain to them that there behavior is really putting the strain on you and keeping you from really enjoying this special time. And then ask them in your best friend voice, if they truly want to participate cause if they don't, you want to know now rather than let if come to a head and possible ruin your relationship with them. If they want to be there for you they will ask you why you think they wouldn't and you can explain further how you feel, if they don't want to then I say don't waste your time, find someone else.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You may want to consider getting an event director if you don't already have one.  that way you have a professional who knows how to keep people coordinated thru the stages and can head off any potential disasters that can come from having THAT many people together... especially if you are getting resistance.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this... you should definitely be able to relax the day of... its YOUR day...

Please let me know if you need help and or a consulation... i'll be happy to help in anyway i can;)

Best wishes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i actually emailed mine the other day and said "either you guys help me out here like you promised or youll see Bridezilla..also remember EVERY one of you is replaceable!!!" haha i said it jokingly but i think it got the point across..youre not alone..=)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards