Pennsylvania-Central

Photographers Under 3,000

We just decided recently on a venue and date, and the next big thing I want to lock down is a photographer. I've sent out a slew of inquiries, but I'm interested to hear about personal experiences.

We want....
-a primarily photojournalistic style
-an engagement session
-an album
-a disc of the proofs

...for under 3,000 if possible. We've loved some that we've looked at, but some packages that include the above get pretty steep (close to 4,000 and up).

By word of mouth, we learned about Jeff Frandsen, (http://www.jefffrandsen.com/) who has worked with Brooke Courtney (http://www.brookecourtney.com/) but his prices are more affordable. We're also looking into Andy Kristian, Jason Eby, and Daniel Mast (used to work as part of the Jeremy Hess team, not sure what his prices are yet). Any input on these or others?

Re: Photographers Under 3,000

• edited December 2011
    Solas - husband and wife team - great people and great pics!   http://solasphotography.com/ full rights to full resolution photos, plus engagement session, 8 hours = $1,000! I'm sure that you can order an album for less than $2K!  :)  They came highly recommended by other Knotties and I love them!
  • edited December 2011
    I second the recommendation of Solas... couldn't be happier with them!
  • edited December 2011
    Natalie Franke Photography has lots of options under $3000. She is based out of
    Annapolis, Maryland - but she is willing to travel & does amazing work!
    **July 29th, 2011**
  • edited December 2011
    Solas!!!!! AMAZING just got back my engagement pics and cried!!! Very personable and great to work with!!!! And great prices
    "I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." Walt Disney Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Solas! I love them I can't wait until they do our wedding our engagment session was so fun and they are so affordable and you get all of your pictures!
  • edited December 2011

I'm using Artistic Difference.  Phil Savard is great to work with and many of my friends have used them.  My engagement pics were great.  I get the entire day of pictures, engagement sesssion, videographer, CD with all proofs and an "story book" for about $2700??? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • KahunaChicKahunaChic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I did not use Solas Photography for my wedding in 2007, however, I have been using Sean and Heidi for my maternity and newborn pictures, and already have them booked for my daughter's 6 month pictures.  Their prices are great and wonderful to work with.

• edited December 2011
    We used Robin's Photograghy in Harrisburg and they were wonderful.
    Several packages to chose from.
    The photo team of Terri and Robin are calming and very prof.  Several of my guests contacted me after the wedding to complement them. 
    They attended our rehersal so that they were familiar with layout, lighting, challenges and opport. for great photos.  This was also helpful because they were able to meet all the key people/family this made day of photos that much more smooth  and nothing or nobody was over-looked!
    Best of all they returned the photos promptly within 2 months!

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    www.juliaazcona.com she is based out of NY but travels for shoots. 
  • edited December 2011
    Claire Hudson charges less than $3k for all of the things you listed, and we were able to negotiate an even lower price with her.

http://clairehudsonphotography.com/

• Katiek8eKatiek8e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.sweetpeafotos.com

Sweet Pea Photography.. they are awesome and i think theyre the type of photojournalist style you're looking for.

Their prices also include engagement session.
  • edited December 2011
    I second the vote for artistic difference! We are doing a package that has everything you want for $1650. Plus they have a really affordable photobooth option if thats something you are interested in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards