Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

What to do for your guests??

We're debating a Vegas wedding vs a small, low key wedding here at home.  I'm just wondering what types of things should you do for your guests that come to Vegas?  Obviously providing dinner and drinks for the reception but what else?  I'm clueless on what we should do for them!  Thanks!

Re: What to do for your guests??

• Options
    Welcome to the boards, fellow MN bride!  Depending on your budget and number of guests, you can do a variety of things.  For example:

-Strip tour with a double decker bus
    -Rehearsal dinner at a restaurant or in a suite
    -Rent a cabana at a pool for everyone to gather/lounge during the day
    -"First round's on us" at a bar
    -Host a post-wedding brunch at a restaurant or buffet
    -Pay for show tickets

However, if you're on a tight budget, I'm sure your guests will appreciate a nice meal and drinks. :)
  • Options
    We're having a casual Meet & Greet event the night before the wedding with pizza, booze, and a bartender (up in a Vista Suite at MB), but outside of that, we don't really have anything planned aside from the ceremony/reception.  We figure people will use this as a vacation and will actually be glad not to have too many pre-scheduled wedding events taking up precious fun time they could have on their own!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:377d3c62-3a43-4e58-8fd2-9b15236a2b64Post:467c1286-d1a4-43ed-addd-3bfa9c0cc84e">Re: What to do for your guests??</a>:
    [QUOTE]outside of that, we don't really have anything planned aside from the ceremony/reception.
    Posted by lsvensson[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes, I should say, we're hosting drinks/dinner and doing the double decker bus.  We're also planning to do a cabana if enough people stay at the hotel with us.  We are not hosting, but we are anticipating a night at the bars.  I was shocked to hear how many of our guests have plans to do other things already!
  • Options
    I plan on preparing a list of shows, events, hot spots, etc. and informally giving them to the small number of guests we will have. But in addition to the normal stuff (e.g., meet & greet, rehearsal dinner, reception, etc.) I've been brainstorming other things, such as a helicopter tour for my guests to the grand canyon and back, a bus or limo ride back and forth along the strip. 

Informally, we'll be going to see shows and clubs together in small groups, depending on tastes (e.g., magic show vs. cirque; strip clubs vs. jazz clubs, etc.). I guess I'll just invite whoever to do things and if they want to go, the more the merrier. I'll definitely see who wants to go on the rollercoaster, and on the MGM lazy river, etc. 

I'm also going to be careful about not being too demanding, since most of my guests have never been to Vegas and I hope they use the time as a vacation and go out and have the time of their life in the best way that suites their particular needs. 
  • Options
    We are having the ceremony and reception and the rest is free time (other than those attending bach parties.) We will have informal mingling of course. PP gave some great options if you choose. I think the great thing with LV is no matter what they most likely won't be bored!
  • Options
    Outside of the ceremony and reception all we are hosting is the DD bus tour the night before. We figure that many of our guests will want to enjoy Vegas on their own without having to feel obligated to attend a bunch of preplanned activities. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I remember asking a similar question somewhere along the planning. I know you might feel like you should do more for your guests, but really, Vegas itself will do it for you :) Our guests had a good time doing all the touristy things Vegas has to offer (well not literally all, lol). We simply let them know where we'd have been for dinner, if they wanted to join us. So we dined together in the evenings before the wedding and heard about what everyone did during the day.
    If the budget allows it, by all means plan other events! What I mean is that they're not "mandatory".
    You could put together simple welcome bags, those will appreciated for sure!
  • Options
    We are planning to have a brunch/lunch with everyone the day after the wedding (our wedding is at night.) We want to send people off with a meal before folks head to the airport!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards