South Carolina
Options

Plantation Venues

We are planning our wedding for October 2011 and I am looking at 5 different locations: Middleton Place, Magnolia, Lowndes Grove, Legare Warring, Boone Hall. 
Does anyone have any information on these places? If youve had a wedding at any of these places please let me know what you loved and what you hated about them! Thanks so much!!!

Re: Plantation Venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd recommend Magnolia Plantation's Carriage House- it has a full kitchen so you won't need to rent additional equipment. They also have a great list of caterers that they work with, but don't force you to use someone in-house.
  • Options
    ZagarigmZagarigm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I am also worried about the price being that both my fiance and I are grad students.  I wanted to stay under 30K. Is that possible at Magnolia?? It doesnt seem to be possible at Lowndes Grove or MIddleton!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definately possible at Magnolia. Another way to cut costs would be to do a Friday or Monday wedding. If your from OOT then most likely your guests will be staying for a "vacation" so you can make it work... Most venues and some vendors like photographers, planners and djs give great discounts for weekday weddings.
  • Options
    nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boone Hall is easily the least expensive of them all, but it books up waaaay early.  If you want an outdoors, plantation feel, without being on an actual plantation, you might also look at The Island House and Old Wide Awake plantation (both have websites and are cheaper than the others).
  • Options
    annaescottannaescott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Contact Christa Harder for photography (christaharderphotography@gmail.com).  She did my wedding and was fabulous.  And her packages include an engagement photo session too, so you get a lot for the money with her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don’t know that you could go wrong with any of those venues! We looked at the Carriage House and Boone Hall and they are gorgeous with great prices! I would recommend Amy Prikazsky Photography also. She is doing our wedding and her prices are very reasonable. Beth from Wildflowers is also great on the flower end!
  • Options
    MellandNateMellandNate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Dunes West... my friend's did their wedding there...the food the place ans everything was fabulous.

Look for Ashley and Neil at: http://www.charlestonwedding.com/#/dunes-west-charleston-wedding-and-reception-venue/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards