Rhode Island

Makeup: Want natural look, have white skin & dark circles

Hi ladies,

I've seen suggestions for makeup artists but I'm wondering if anyone has my skin type & went for as natural a look as possible.  I have very light skin (but with uneven tones), freckles & dark circles around my eyes.  I'd love to even out my skin & cover the circles, but not have a heavy makeup look if possible.

Thanks

Re: Makeup: Want natural look, have white skin & dark circles

• edited December 2011
    I have similar skin to you, my everyday makeup is by young blood and it does a great job of making me look even. As for the circles, I use a Clinique eye cream that works wonders, it makes the circles completely disappear. HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also have similar coloring, including dark circles, sun spots and freckles as well as rosacia (not terribly bad, but I notice it) and really sensitive skin that reacts badly to lots of products. I never, ever wear any makeup, so I was concerned about finding one that would be OK for my skin. Also because nobody has ever seen me with makeup, I didn't want to look overdone at all; I wanted just enough to smooth it all out and to show up in photos. I wanted a very natural look.

I booked a trial with Kerri Parks from Skinplicity in East Greenwich and she uses the Youngblood makeup that the PP references. It was great. I didn't even feel it on my skin, but it evened out my skin tone, covered my circles, freckles, laugh lines and red areas and my skin looked flawless. I didn't have any bad reaction to any of it, either. I look at my wedding pics now and think, "I will never look any better than that!!" :-)
    Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • dribblejackdribblejack member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Also looking for a natural look not too much makeup.  I also booked a trial with Kerri Parks of Skinplicity.  It is in a couple of weeks so I will have to let you know how it goes!
  • edited December 2011
    Haha, I was going to suggest Kerri, too!  I am super pale (like, pretty much see-through) and I thought she did a really good job of not making me look like a ghost!  She has a great, calming personality too.  I really liked her.  I thought her prices were reasonable (they are listed on the website).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DiorAddictDiorAddict member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jan Simone, Makeup Artist uses great eye creams and foundations on her brides.
  • lindquistx33lindquistx33 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Christine Hale with The Look Image group she is so talented. She uses the airbrush makeup so it will look very natural and photographs amazing

Give her a call 508-243-6564
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards