Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Help** Affordable Cleveland Ohio Reception

Im looking for a unique place or cute hall for a Aug 2012 reception. We are planning for about 100 guest and would like to keep the cost under 40 dollars per person. Preferably somewhere that allows you to bring in your own alcohol.

Any suggestions??

Re: Help** Affordable Cleveland Ohio Reception

• Options
    HarvestKarmaHarvestKarma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michaud's in Strongsville has a variety of room sizes and you can bring your own alcohol.  Brennan's might as well but I'm not 100% sure on that one.
    image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's been a few years, but I've been to Brennon's for a reception and it was really nice.
  • Options
    KelliBledsoeKelliBledsoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Help** Affordable Cleveland Ohio Reception:
    We're planning on having our reception at Patterson Fruit Farm.  It's in Chesterland, and beautiful, kinda rustic, but it's lovely.  The venue rental is $1050 on a Saturday, and less on other days of the week.  And yes, you can bring your own alcohol.
  • Options
    mrsaloshenmrsaloshen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my own reception at Brennan's. I can't remember if they allow you to bring your own booze in or not, but if you use their bar, it's $5/guest period for an unlimited bar - that was a HUGE selling point for us as our families are both big drinkers and we don't have to worry about the "what if" of running out. With food, desserts, booze, (including tax and service charges and a Cleveland police officer) we're right around $40/45 per guest.

Michaud's was our second choice. Beautiful place with a cute courtyard for ceremonies. You have to bring your own booze there though. I didn't want to do that because I've had several people tell me that they're still drinking their wedding booze - 5 years after the fact! Also, not to scare you away from there, but my cousin had her wedding there in 2007 and they switched her cake with another reception! Her mother had made the entire cake herself, so it was quite disappointing for the bride.
  • Options
    mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom and I just started a home-based business in Strongsville, OH. We specialize in homemade cake balls and cake ball pops, as well as chocolate covered strawberries and other treats. We have OVER 50 FLAVORS of the cake balls and pops-and more are on the way! We can even custom decorate these for any event by using special -themed candy cups, glitters, colors, sprinkles, chocolate drizzles, etc.! They are great for birthdays, showers, graduations, first communion, for a school class, weddings, holidays, corporate gifts, favors, or just about any event or gathering!  We sell them by the dozen, and they range in price from $15-$16.50 per dozen, $3 extra per dozen for the pops (more for personalization or special packaging). To help you with cost, we suggest doing a "Cake Ball Bar", where you have several platters out with different flavors, and give each guest a personalized bag or box. Allow them to pick out their favorite flavors-this can double as your favors AND your cake (you would just do a small cake to cut)!!! We hope to be moving to a retail location soon, as people have really given us a tremendous response since we started in February!. For now, people place orders via email or phone, and come and pick them up. We can deliver as well, charges may apply depending on location. We also give discounts for large quantity orders. Each order is made fresh just for you! info@thecutelilttlecakeshop.com, www.TheCuteLittleCakeShop.com, (440) 724-1407. Please share our info!!! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards