January 2013 Weddings

cake drama

For the first time I'm genuinely feeling like I could go all bridezilla on someone. Our cake baker is my brothers best friend. When we got engaged he told my sister he hopes I ask him to do my cake. Lucky for him, I had planned on it. He is also an artist, so a few months ago he said he'd send me some sketches of what it will look like and get me some price quotes of cupcakes vs sheet. That being said...

Yesterday I texted him since he hasn't responded to any of my recent emails asking for sketches. So he called me back, but I was at work so I called him after to no answer and still waiting for a return call.

So I called my sister and asked if she talked to him recently about the wedding at all. As a matter of a fact, she had. And though she didn't want to be the one to tell me, apparently a week and a half ago he told her and a few of their friends he's not gunna be able to make my cake because he's so busy with the restaurant he's opening with his dad.

What?!?! So not only is he not doing it, but he hasn't informed the bride?! And there's 2 months to the wedding?! And he's telling other people?!?

Royally pissed, annoyed, hurt, etc, etc.

He still hasn't told me but apparently my sister told my parents and they've started looking into other options. But why has no one told me??

I know its going to be fine and we'll figure something out but boy is this not ideal. Needed to vent! Thanks girls!!

Re: cake drama

• yikes! no bueno.

I mean, I can kind of in a small itty bitty way see why they hadn't told you because maybe they were trying to find a fix before worrying you about it, but that does suck.

I'm sure it'll work out! good luck!
  • As a friend and a professional, he should have said something earlier.  But things will work out for the best!  You will have a kick a#! cake.
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • I'd definitely go bridezilla crazy on him, but then move on and find another baker ASAP because the clock is tickin'!  That's insanely unprofessional and what a jerk to tell other people but not to find the time to call you back.  You don't want his cake if he's going to be rushed and probably do a bad job on it anyway, at least now you know and have enough time to correct the problem.
  • I feel your pain, our JOP just cancelled on us and we are now looking for a new one. This is not what I had planned spending time on 2 mos. before the wedding. I have so many other things to do. It defintely adds stress when people bail on you, but I'm trying to be positive now that I am done being Pissed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards