Wedding Party

Maid of Honor & Matron of Honor

Can you have both??  Here is my dilemma.... I have been a single mom for 14 years and am now getting married.  My little girl is the closest thing that I have outside of my sisters and girl friends of course.  We are short on the grooms side for men but still want my daughter to be a major part of my wedding.  So question is can I have a maid of honor (daughter) and a matron of honor (sister) and then the next question is.... is it ok to have the Maid of honor walk down the isle alone right before me??  Need help.

Re: Maid of Honor & Matron of Honor

• -Yes you can have both a maid and matron.. I haven't done any sort of asking yet, but in my mind I will probably have both a maid and a matron (one BFF is married, one isn't).

-Sides do not have to be even...

-No one has to walk down with anyone. You can always have everyone walk down alone if you are worried about your daughter feeling left out.. The last wedding I was in, everyone walked down alone except for the bride.
    "I've never seen anything like them before!" -Rocky
    "Maybe they're congressmen!"- Bullwinkle
  • I only had 2 girls stand up with me. Because I could not decide on who to be MOH. I made them both MOH. They decided amongst themselves who walked first and all those details. If you are only having two girls, I believe that making them both MOH would be the best way to go about it. Also, do not worry about pairing people up or having even sides. It is not necessary.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards