Wedding Invitations & Paper

Addressing Save the Dates

When addressing save the dates, do you include "and guest" at the end for single friends.  I know their significant others name as of now, but if it changes within the next 6 months I don't feel as though I should use their name in there. Or should I leave off "and gues"t all together?

Re: Addressing Save the Dates

• I was thinking if they had to book airline reservations, it would be nice to let them know they can bring a guest.
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_addressing-save-the-dates-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:8ea85d7f-1b1f-45cd-9fe2-c952cbf0bc3aPost:168800b9-f473-447d-92b7-a4bc1dc9347a">Re: Addressing Save the Dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking if they had to book airline reservations, it would be nice to let them know they can bring a guest.
    Posted by meg2marryshane[/QUOTE]

We did the "and guest" thing for out of town singles as I had your same concerns with travel arrangements. I know when I was single, I appreciated knowing that I could bring a date as soon as possible so I could make plans. For those who I knew the name of the SO, we put the name obviously. Some did break up. Not a big deal...we talked to our friends and let them know they were still welcome to bring a guest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards