California-San Diego
Options

Ideas for a vintage or art deco style venue?

I am trying to go with a 1920s/art deco type of theme and would love to have my wedding in a venue that fits in with this, so I am looking at ideas that would give that old world or deco feel.  So far I came up with the following to look into, but if you have an experience with these or other suggestions I would love to hear them:

-Twin Oaks House & Gardens 
-Culy Warehouse (I thought it would work well if I made the reception like a speakeasy perhaps)
-LaFayette Hotel (Online it looks like a great historical venue but reviews for the hotel are totally mixed so that concerns me)
-California Center for the Arts 

I am also trying to be open about venues that may not have built-in vintage appeal but that can be dressed up to the theme easily...

Thanks for your feedback!

Re: Ideas for a vintage or art deco style venue?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Inn at the Park (formerly Park Manor Suites) was a place I looked into. It is in Hillcrest, by Balboa Park. I have never actually been there but I did get their wedding info and it seemed reasonably priced! Possibly worth taking a look at! especially since it is so close to balboa park, you could take pictures there. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks!  I hadn't thought of it but I will definitely look into it!
  • Options
    wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Leo Carillo Ranch would definitely work for your vintage theme--it's an old rancho in N. County.

• Options
    LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I immediately think of the Darlington House in La Jolla. It's a beautiful venue. The inside area where guests arrive through and the rooms where you would get ready are gorgeous and vintage and have fantastic wallpaper which is random but I remember it well. :) The ceremony and reception take place outdoors in a garden. There's a library area for cocktails. It's very cool. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies, these are all really great ideas.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards