Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Your favorite eyeliner?

What's your favorite eyeliner? I need to find a new brand that won't smudge or smear. I prefer crayon types to liquid, but maybe this is the problem?

Re: Your favorite eyeliner?

• Have you gone to a makeup store like Ulta or Sephora and asked for their input? I prefer Clinique's eyeliner sticks. Never been a fan of pencils or liquid.
  • Urban Decay.  I really like their eyeliners and they come in two different thicknesses.

If you use an eyeshadow primer, any eyeliner should stay put.  I like the one by two faced (and I've tried many)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_your-favorite-eyeliner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:e3933305-b8be-482a-9ff7-29e41d5b71dcPost:29c9f677-e765-4f90-bdb3-b44b8ac7524c">Your favorite eyeliner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's your favorite eyeliner? I need to find a new brand that won't smudge or smear. I prefer crayon types to liquid, but maybe this is the problem?
    Posted by molly&dale[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Urban Decay 14/7 in Zero it is amazing. I have been using it for years, I have relatively oily skin and this works on both upper eyeline and my lower lid and last. Also Urban Decay has setting spray I forget the name...All Nighter maybe? Which sets your makeup well. I hihgly recommend this eyeliner the crayon though, the liquid version I do not like at all.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also a good liquide liner is the sephora brand liquid liner (just for the top) its very easy to apply, very dark and unless youre doing a cat eye works well.</div>
  • I just started using the Bobbi Brown gel liner and I'm quite a fan. The only downside is you have to apply it with a brush, which is a little tedious.
  • UD 24/7 for pencils. I also like the Physician's Formula 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyelier + Serum. It's liquid but has a very fine brush and makes a nice thin, even line.

Definitely use a primer. It will help keep your eye makeup in place and keep it from smudging.
  • second the physician's formula liquid liner.  I wasn't a liquid liner fan until I tried it, and now I use it every day.
  • The eye-liner pen from MAC.. makes my life soooo easy. 
  • Avon Glimmersticks Waterproof.  It's a self-sharpening crayon liner and it's my favorite.  What I like best is that the tip is pretty small, so I don't have to work extra to get a thin line instead of a thick smudge.  They also have really great colors ;-)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • ud 24/7 liners AMAZING !!!!!
    83image 6image 0 image
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_your-favorite-eyeliner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:e3933305-b8be-482a-9ff7-29e41d5b71dcPost:591b56d2-641e-41e6-9093-95c179659ce9">Re: Your favorite eyeliner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Avon Glimmersticks Waterproof.  It's a self-sharpening crayon liner and it's my favorite.  What I like best is that the tip is pretty small, so I don't have to work extra to get a thin line instead of a thick smudge.  They also have really great colors ;-)
    Posted by Tandra&Devin[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Love it. I also like Mary Kays also.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • I use the L'Oreal Voluminous Marker Eyeliner- It applies like you think a Sharpie would, but stays workable to soften up the line with a brush if you like. I use it over Bare Ecentuals eye lid primer and it stays in place all day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_your-favorite-eyeliner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:e3933305-b8be-482a-9ff7-29e41d5b71dcPost:8b297e5b-fa66-4ec4-be18-1871df491022">Re: Your favorite eyeliner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Urban Decay.  I really like their eyeliners and they come in two different thicknesses. If you use an eyeshadow primer, any eyeliner should stay put.  I like the one by two faced (and I've tried many)
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Agreed! TooFaced's Shadow Insurance is amazing and UD has great liners!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_your-favorite-eyeliner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:e3933305-b8be-482a-9ff7-29e41d5b71dcPost:7e77ebd1-860e-4897-aefa-4fc47c5d3ebc">Re: Your favorite eyeliner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your favorite eyeliner? : Ditto. Love it. I also like Mary Kays also.
    Posted by jtoly[/QUOTE]

My mother sold Avon when I was in high school, so I got really attached to a lot of their cosmetics.  Good quality and excellent prices.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I have always used Este Lauder eyeliner pencil but I am thinking of trying something else. The one I see most mentioned is the Urban Decay, where can you get it? Online?
  • I love the Lancome Artliner- a liquid but has this nice thin sponge-tip applicator. I'm a total gimp when it comes to eye makeup and even I can get this stuff on right. It just takes a minute or two to dry, though, so you have to sit there not blinking and eyelids sort of half-mast til it's dry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JGreenfan2000JGreenfan2000 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_your-favorite-eyeliner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:e3933305-b8be-482a-9ff7-29e41d5b71dcPost:591b56d2-641e-41e6-9093-95c179659ce9">Re: Your favorite eyeliner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Avon Glimmersticks Waterproof.  It's a self-sharpening crayon liner and it's my favorite.  What I like best is that the tip is pretty small, so I don't have to work extra to get a thin line instead of a thick smudge.  They also have really great colors ;-)
    Posted by Tandra&Devin[/QUOTE]

<div>This i love there eyeliner and it lasts all day</div>
    Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_your-favorite-eyeliner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:e3933305-b8be-482a-9ff7-29e41d5b71dcPost:16e384d9-66f6-43ca-8ba5-30318334862c">Re: Your favorite eyeliner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have always used Este Lauder eyeliner pencil but I am thinking of trying something else. The one I see most mentioned is the Urban Decay, where can you get it? Online?
    Posted by elhoekenga[/QUOTE]

<div><a href="http://www.urbandecay.com," rel="nofollow">www.urbandecay.com,</a> Sephora, and Ulta all carry UD.</div>
  • Clinique or Buxom.
  • I am a big fan of liquid eyeliner...I wear it everyday! i recently discovered a super cheap one that i LOVEEEEEE that goes on easy and is dark and matte you have to try it its NYC Liquid eyeliner its like 3 bucks and I swear by it...my friend who is a make up artist uses it for her work! I also like MACs pen eyeliner its more for super natural and precision and alittle lighter but awesome as well! Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker SoFla August SiggyimageCake Inspiration
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards