Gay Weddings

Macy's Registry - same sex friendly

This is one of the few places that had me put my info in and click my role - "bride" and then put my FI's info in and I could also click "bride" for her.  The other ones have always been obligatory bride and groom.  This goes for most of the venues and services we've checked out - always had to scratch out "groom" and replace.

The Macy's people also "got it" right away and were very friendly with us when we went for a registry event.  I know this can be regional, but at least their website is always gay friendly.  
Photobucket

Re: Macy's Registry - same sex friendly

• alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's awesome!

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • mikengregmikengreg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Alisonz    thanks for having this website up  loving it

Macy's is wonderful we are register there and the people are just wonderful.

I just got some more stuff from them in the mail as well ( save the date cards)

cards that tell were we are register. wow the young lady also called me and check if all is well. now thats making me feel welcome.( thanks macy's)
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When we registered at Bed Bath & Beyond, the application called for registrant and coregistrant, not bride and groom.  And we had no issues with the salespeople.  Amazon allowed us to have a wedding registry with bride and bride instead of bride and groom.  Target allowed us to select bride, groom, or partner as the role for each person (with no maximum number of brides or grooms).

I'd say most of the big vendors have caught on that same-sex weddings are good for business, and are trying to make things work for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards