Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower - Distination Wedding - Who to Invite

I'm having a destination wedding, but it will be small with close friends and family.  Next  summer we'll be having a big party with everyone who could not make it or wasn't invited to the actual wedding.
For the bridal shower is it OK to invite those who I don't invite to the wedding but will be inviting to the summer party?  

Re: Bridal Shower - Distination Wedding - Who to Invite

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

The only people that should be at the shower are those that will be invited to your real wedding - not the party the following summer.

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope. you can't.  As banana said only those invited to the wedding get shower invites. 

One of the things you forfeit when you make the decision to have a DW is pre-wedding parties, like showers.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp's if you're having a destination wedding, you kind of let go of some of the things that come along wtih planning a wedding. You may not have as large of a bridal party, bridal shower, bachelorette party, or any of that at all. Now if these people are being invited to the actual wedding and decline due to traveling, they can still be invited to the shower. One of my friends just attended a bridal shower yesterday for someone who's having a destination wedding. She was invited to the wedding, but she and her FI can't afford to travel down to Key West since they're planning and saving for their own wedding the following month, but she was excited to still go to the bridal shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards