Virginia

Caterers In Shenandoah Valley

Hi there!

Was wondering if anyone knows of any good caterers in the Shenandoah Valley? We are getting married near Harrisonburg. We've been trying to keep in touch with Early Katering, but they are very lackluster on their communication. It seems to me that if most places that want your business should be more email savvy these days...

Anyways, if you have any recommendations, please send them my way. Thanks!

Re: Caterers In Shenandoah Valley

• pennylane5309pennylane5309 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's tough to find quality wedding services in the SV. I know some people who have used Shaffer's Catering in Woodstock, VA (just north of Hburg) but this tends to be more bbq food. There is a newer catering service called Crossroads Catering that my friend used for her wedding and I thought was delicious. This service is also based out of Woodstock. The woman who owns and runs it is great! You might also try James Madison University's catering services. I've been to many JMU catered events and the food is wonderful! I believe they do outside events as well and they are right in Harrisonburg: http://www.campusdish.com/en-US/CSMA/JMU/Catering/

I saw some catering services listed in Bridgewater, but I don't know anything about them. I would go with JMU or Crossroads.
  • maria1012maria1012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! I'll check those out and start getting quotes. 
  • tamsinrtwtamsinrtw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the Joshua Wilton House as the caterers for our wedding - they are located in Harrisonburg, but travelled to Mount Jackson/Edinburg for our reception.  They provided a three or four course sit down meal, bar and cake for approx 150 guests.  Everything was fantastic.  Ann Marie was so helpful in organizing the cocktail hour and meal - I couldn't have been more happy.
  • conijeanconijean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Kay Early..and really enjoyed working with her.  She was very helpful in more than just the food.  If I were you ...I would at least try to meet with her.  It may just be that she has just been busier than usual.  The food was great!  I did as much of the wedding DIY..but the food was one thing we didn't even want to attempt!   She was well worth every penny.  Good luck!
  • maria1012maria1012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_caterers-shenandoah-valley?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:7184e3db-81ef-40eb-823d-e8c88de60d7bPost:d8402146-29bd-4c50-a619-6618be3ede03">Re: Caterers In Shenandoah Valley</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Kay Early..and really enjoyed working with her.  She was very helpful in more than just the food.  If I were you ...I would at least try to meet with her.  It may just be that she has just been busier than usual.  The food was great!  I did as much of the wedding DIY..but the food was one thing we didn't even want to attempt!   She was well worth every penny.  Good luck!
    Posted by conijean[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! I finally got in contact with her and you were right, she was busy moving offices and was out of town for a bit. She seems to be very accommodating to my wishes for the catering. No other caterers could offer me a family style meal, but she said she could make it work.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm still waiting for a quote though...were her prices reasonable (as in less than $50 a person)?</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards