Arizona-Tucson

wedding planner?

Has anyone used a wedding planner in Tucson that they liked?  I will be planning from DC and I am trying to decide if I should use a planner and, if so, who?  Thanks!

Re: wedding planner?

• jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My co-worker just got married in Gilbert, but I am like 95% sure her wedding planner is from Tucson. I attended the wedding and it went very smoothly and was great fun (I actually found a couple of my vendors there). I will try to get her name for you within the next few days. 

I personally am not using a wedding planner because I don't particularly believe in paying someone to do something I can do myself. And I'm a control freak. But since you are planning from DC I can definitely see the need. 

Oh yeah, and congrats! When is your date? I see you are new to the boards, but let me tell you these boards will be an AMAZING planning resource. Welcome and happy planning!
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • blumune24blumune24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got engaged last week.  We haven't really picked a date yet.  Most likely June of next year!  Thanks for checking into the wedding planner for me!
    edited December 2011
    Just keep in mind how hot it is here in June if you are planning on an outdoor wedding. It averages high 90s to low 100s, but historic high is 117. Yikes. I went to an outdoor wedding in June a few years ago and I was miserably hot and sweaty, and I even got a sunburn. Also, if you want to save money on off-peak pricing, most venues and vendors recognize November-February and July-August as off-peak. The most popular wedding months here are October, March, and April, so expect to spend top dollar for vendors during those months.
  • blumune24blumune24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I am very familiar with AZ weather.  Both of us grew up in AZ.  My schedule with work and my fellowship is not very flexible, so we will probably be stuck in the summer months.
  • edited December 2011
    I personally am not using a wedding planner because I don't particularly believe in paying someone to do something I can do myself. And I'm a control freak. But since you are planning from DC I can definitely see the need.

More information you can come here

www.brideswardrobe.com/8-evening-dress

ww.vivebridal.com/prom-dress-c-10.html

edited December 2011
    Okay sorry this took me a little while to get, but the wedding planner my co-worker used was Lucy Oliver. I'll PM you with her phone number. My friend really had a great experience with her. She is really conscious of your budget and willing to do the footwork to find a great deal. Hope it helps. 
  • edited December 2011
    Anne Bryan of Creative Events is the best in Tucson! 
  • sarahcheyannasarahcheyanna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have your girl.  I just finished writing about her on another posting, but she did my wedding and I seriously feel like I did not pay her enough for the countless hours and effort.  Anyways, her name is Angela Carlon and has been doing weddings for a long time but is now doing them full time.  i was her bride in April and she saved me from a complete melt down.  I know she has planned destination weddings so yours would not be a problem.  I love this girl and she is super affordable and insanely organized.  Send her an email angela.carlon@yahoo.com and tell her Sarah referred..that will make her smile.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards