Ohio-Toledo
Options

Where did you go/are you going for your honeymoon?

Hi ladies! I was just wondering where everyone did go or where are you going for your honeymoon? We have pretty much narrowed down our options, but I would just like to hear about everyone elses experiences....

We want to go to Jamaica, but still deciding on the place!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where did you go/are you going for your honeymoon?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We actually got engaged in Jamaica.  We went to Montego Bay, stayed at the Hilton Resort...think it's called Rose Hall.

For our HM, we went to Antigua.  The first week we stayed at St Hermitage and the second week, Sandals Antigua.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a mini-moon to Vegas the week after our wedding, and an all-inclusive in Punt@ Cana DR next year :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

How did you like the Sandals in Antigua? We have a week booked there and we are also going to St. Lucia, just interested to see what someone else thought about Sandals.

• Options
    futuremrsabefuturemrsabe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    riviera maya, mexico =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to go to Vegas, my fiance wants to go on a cruise.  They scare me haha and he won't fly so.. we're still undecided!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • Options
    akirkenakirken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We havent decided yet but we are thinking about the florida keys
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_did-goare-going-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:150e8f38-669a-467d-bdf6-81d629c0df59Post:423cc963-8d45-4234-8a5b-a7dce1af7a2f">Re: Where did you go/are you going for your honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How did you like the Sandals in Antigua? We have a week booked there and we are also going to St. Lucia, just interested to see what someone else thought about Sandals.
    Posted by megs430[/QUOTE]

Honestly, we weren't really impressed.  But that could be for two reasons.  Our first week was spent in absolute paradise, no nothing could have compared to that.  Plus, we are older and just like to be by ourselves, don't really need a lot of activity around.  Sandals Antigua just seemed to commercial, too many people and dirty (I am a clean freak).  The restaurants and drinks just weren't up too par either.

HOWEVER, we did have a room with our own pool and butlers..... they made it alot better.

But, like I said, we are in our 30's and like calmness and this was more spring break fun type I think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We went on a Mediterranean cruise and we stayed 3 days in our port city of Valencia, Spain.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are spending a week in a villa on The big island in Hawaii. Sunset oceanfront view. CANNOT wait!!!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dot36dot36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We actully just got back from our honeymoon!
    We spent 1 week in Hawaii in a villa on the beach on the beautiful island of Kauai.  And since we had to stop in California to get to Hawaii, we decided to spent 1 week exploring Cali.......so 2 days in Napa, 3 days in Monterey/Carmel area (beautiful!!!) and 2 days in San Francisco.  Perfect Honeymoon!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards