Missouri-Kansas City

wedding flowers

what do you think of  the wedding flowers in a box offline? i been trying to come up with pluses and minuses for them or if i should just hire a florist?

i need some suggestions of cheaper ,but good florists near independence or harrisonville.

Re: wedding flowers

• edited December 2011

I looked at online flowers and in the end they weren't any cheaper.  Have you tried meeting with a Hy-Vee florist they are pretty resonable and they deliver.
    Good Luck!

• edited December 2011

I have looked extensively into online flowers. I found a post by DIY bride that has some great sites

http://www.diybride.com/2009/08/13/1596/#comments

They really can be cheaper if you want something simple and are capable (or someone you know) of preparing the centerpieces and bouquets yourself.  If you stick to 1 or 2 kinds of flowers it will be easy and cheaper than a florist. It is when you get into the complicated arrangements with the large variety of flowers and filler that it isn't worth it.

Pluses:

Easy to arrange

Cheaper than a florist

Can customize

Minuses:

Must stick to simple arrangements

only a few flower varieties

takes time to prepare bouquets and centerpieces.

responsible for transport the day of the wedding

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

Dana from Village Gardens is awesome and will do what she can to give you what you want and stay within your budget.  She is great to work with and does awesome work. 

• kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Monarch Flowers is out of Lee's Summit and Kelly has been great to work with, she's told me what flowers to cut to help with my budget and suggested others to give me a similar look. 
  • edited December 2011
    i hadn't even thought about ordering flowers online ... good idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dmnorthcraftdmnorthcraft member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine used www.wholeblossoms.com and had a wonderful experience with them.  I'm doing my own flowers and will probably use them as well.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards