California-Orange County

Bridal Shows

Are bridal shows worth going to?
My ( younger-ouch) sister got married last year and we went to one that was very trashy and cheap at the carnival site in Costa Mesa. I got the impression that many of the exibitors there were less then reliable. She didn't use anyone from that show-but still gets email from them. Is it just a waste on time?

Re: Bridal Shows

• edited December 2011
    I would suggest going to a show at a nicer venue.  You can get good vendor recs here on the board too. Good Luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    ive been to a couple. i would suggest going to a brideworld expo. they are much larger and the vendors tend to be less pushy due to the size of the expo. we actually found our florist there and LOVE her. the smaller ones at hotels and things to me are overwhelming. its like walking through a carlot but for brides.
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the shows are a good source of information.  I would suggest only writing your info down for vendors you REALLY liked and only picking up stuff from ones you REALLY liked--or else you won't remember who was who.

I agree with Elle that there is a great deal of info on the boards too.  I have all of my vendors on listed on my planning bio in my siggy so other knotties can use them if they want.  GL.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a brideworld one last year with my sister, it was very low class, the vendors were actually very aggressive-a couple asked if we were having an " oriental" wedding. I'm not stuck-up, but I don't want to plan my Wedding at wal-mart!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello Ahntran I am going to the Nixon Library-it will most certainly be very elegant, but it is being held for the Make-a-wish benefit. Maybe I will see you!
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe I will see you there, I may also go to knotts berry farm, but I 've seen that hotel and It's not very nice- maybe it will rain and I'll just stay home.
  • edited December 2011
    Im going to MY very first one in La Mirada the first sunday of March.. I'm excited dont really know what to expect...? Oh and does anyone know if the groom goes to these as well?!?! Thanks!
    P.s does anyone know of any others coming up in the Orange County area??
    they're not mistakes, just learning opportunities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kasarinkasarin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH went to the bridal shows with me. I'd say the majority are women, but there were quite a few men there too. Besides, those bags get heavy!! Wink 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards