Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Package Help!

So my fiancee and I are torn on which package we want. Here are the descriptions:
Silver-$1500
  Wedding Day coverage from Preparation thru Reception formalities* 
Set of post-production (edited) wedding images on DVD in high resolution 
Proof CD of all wedding images 
Online image gallery for viewing and sharing your wedding images

Gold-$2050
Engagement session  Wedding Day coverage from Preparation thru Reception formalities*  Set of post-production (edited) wedding images on DVD in high resolution  10x10 30 page Leather Bound wedding album ($795 value) o (Upgrade to a 40 page album for only $195)  Proof CD of all wedding images  Online image gallery for viewing and sharing your wedding images  Free portrait session for first baby (you will receive a gift certificate) Our budget is $10,000-$15,000...my fiancee is paying for most of the wedding because he was deployed but was injured then med-evaced and received a $10,000 grant from wounded warriors. I really want the gold package because of the nice album plus it'll include our engagement session...It's cheaper to do silver if we dont want an album and pay separate for the engagement session but yeah...HELP!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Package Help!

• edited December 2011

pictures are the most important part- don't cheap out- cut costs elswhere go for the GOLD!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_package?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:d52804a7-18ef-48c9-8882-634fa5218140Post:aa8d2cd9-c16e-4326-b2e8-5983c687f3d3">Re: Package Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]pictures are the most important part- don't cheap out- cut costs elswhere go for the GOLD!
    Posted by mderrickson[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thanks...we  decided to go with the gold bc she sent me an image of an album and it looks awesome...shes a graphic designer so its unique

</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    It all comes to this: is the album worth 550$

Unless its a coffee table book, it should be good. Its a good price.

If you are not sure, don't worry, you can always have a very good book printed later on if you have the DVD. Look at www.blurb.com great price, great product.

With any package, here a golden photographer rules most bride and couple don't know: a 100$ tip for a hard days work (if the photographer actually outperformed) will get you a lot more attention to detail when doing post processing. Beleive me, its the best 100$ investment you can make in your day!

Michel Gauthier
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards