Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Invite the Pastor to the Rehearsal Dinner

So our rehearsal will be really early in the day and the dinner is not until 530.
Is it neccessary to invite the Pastor to the dinner as well. It is at a winery about an hour from where he lives and I feel like that may take him away from his family for the entire day.

Did anyone else invite their pastor?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invite the Pastor to the Rehearsal Dinner

• Options
    john&juliejohn&julie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes you invite him.  He doesn't have to come, but he needs an invitation.  We are inviting ours and her husband- granted she is FMIL's best friend, but we would invite her anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, you should invite him and his wife to the RD and the wedding reception. They probably won't attend the RD, but it should be their decision.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Chances are he will decline, but he should be invited. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm hoping for 3 pastors at my wedding, and am inviting all 3, plus the 2 wives, to the rehearsal dinner. 2 probably have to attend the rehearsal, so they and their wives, are invited to the rehearsal dinner, which is everyone's reward for slaving through the rehearsal. [There's other issues involved, of course, but it can take lots of intense concentration to rehearse a complicated wedding, and I imagine it's even more intense for the pastor in charge of everything.] The bachelor pastor can come too - to both the rehearsal and the dinner.

In fact, we've half-invited them all already, when we confirmed the wedding date with the church, we said when we wanted the rehearsal and dinner, and they were copied on that correspondence.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards